Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Challenger used, so a lot of its history is not clear. I believe the PO had lowered the suspension on the car since it sits lower than most other Challengers I've seen.
I'm searching for stock springs in hopes to bring it to its original ride height. But is it lowered? Springs are black so no obvious aftermarket identification there. (I had not removed the wheels to get a closer look)
It has Super Track Pak "Performance Suspension." Which I'm not certain what that means for 2015.
What is the stock ride height on a Challenger R/T+?

I'm looking out in my area for stock parts. Were different packages vastly different ride heights? Looks like there are many different part numbers for springs, which I believe has to do with spring rate variations for the factory.

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

· Registered
19,370 Posts
Does look low.

Can also measure the front spoiler to the ground.

Standard R/T suspension with 20-inch wheels is 8.50 inches to ground.

Super Track Pack R/T spoiler is 7.25 inches to ground.

Those were heights as new, may have settled a little over the years.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
36,775 Posts
Ask Luke @stevewhite if still in stock, heck of a deal

A Guy

· Registered
352 Posts
When I first got my 2012 I ordered the factory lowering kit and installed it only to find that I already had it with the Track Pack. The springs in the Track Pack provide approximately 1" of lowering compared to a non track pack equipped car. If you have the super track pack and you install a 2" aftermarket lowering kit you'll get about one more inch of lowering.

· Registered
2016 RT A8 Blacktop
263 Posts
Just measure upper wheel arch to lower rim lip. Forget every other measurement because that will include different tires, tire pressure, different bumper etc.

Stock should be around 77cm , stp around 74.5cm and example i have 1.8" lowering then its 72.5cm.

That is with 20" wheels. Ofcourse it will be smaller number with smaller wheel.

· Registered
19,370 Posts
I've still got my notes from 2016.

These measurements were from brand new R/T Challengers sitting on dealer lot.

Standard suspension
08.50" - spoiler
30.75" - front fender
31.00" - rear quarter

Super Track Pack
07.25" - spoiler
29.75" - front fender
30.00" - rear quarter

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
533 Posts
My 2012 Challenger came from the factory with yellow Bilstein shocks for the STP. Try to get the original Bilsteins if you replace them. The STP should sit barely lower than a stock RT, but the SRT shocks will be a good bit lower.

I can barely get a low HD floor jack under the rocker panels of my RT as it is. I recommend do not go any lower. Plus I drive on rural roads where I have to clear crowns, gravel and dead raccoons. If you want better handling, do the frame stiffeners, etc. and save yourself ripping off the chin spoiler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts