Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
I don't have Brembos, but I have read here that people are swapping out their brake pads for Powerstop's just because of the brake dust. Either the Z23, or the Z26 pads.

·
Registered
10,149 Posts
No plans on swapping out my 4 piston Brembo pads.

I like the Brembo initial bite, and dusting is not an issue. They dust some, but clean up easily when I wash my car at the local DIY high pressure car wash.

I've got 28k miles on my '16 SP, and there's a ton of pad left, and the rotors are looking fine.

44945.jpg

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Somebody on this forum (Maybe @Cuda340 ?) posted a good cross section of a Brembo pad, explaining the design choices. I can't seem to find it now.

Anyway, Brake Dust is a normal characteristic of many performance cars. I agree with 19johned53, the factory Brembo pads are the best pads for our cars. If you can live with some dust, they do everything else very well. For street/spirited driving in a heavy car, in all temperature ranges, even occasional track use, I would go with factory 4 piston Brembo pads and rotors. They have the best match up of compromises. They even seem to last a long time. It doesn't surprise me that Brembo doesn't offer a different pad for our cars. I don't see how they could get it much better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts