Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 6Spd
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question I was trying to do some research on the forum and other areas around google and wasn’t having much luck. I just recently purchased a 16 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack. From my understanding there are different variants and trim like the shaker, or SRT etc... my question is I was trying to determine weather mine is truly an SRT. says SRT on the spoiler but do not want to be accused of up badging and how do you determine weather it’s an SRT of if the previous owner just put the badge on there I will include pictures any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
235 Posts
ScatPack & SRT are different models Your's is a ScatPack

Both cars are powered by the 6.4-liter Hemi V-8 making 485 hp and 475 lb-ft of torque. A six-speed manual is standard, while an eight-speed auto is available on both models. The Challenger R/T Scat Pack features four-piston Brembo brake calipers, while the Challenger SRT 392 gets six-piston Brembo brake calipers. Where the SRT 392 gets an adaptive suspension, the R/T Scat Pack gets a Bilstein sport suspension.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,969 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Yes, there was a SRT 392, and a Scat Pack in 2016. Your is "Powered by SRT", but is not a SRT. Now the SRT 392 has been discontinued and only the Hellcats are SRT

A Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok that
ScatPack & SRT are different models Your's is a ScatPack

Both cars are powered by the 6.4-liter Hemi V-8 making 485 hp and 475 lb-ft of torque. A six-speed manual is standard, while an eight-speed auto is available on both models. The Challenger R/T Scat Pack features four-piston Brembo brake calipers, while the Challenger SRT 392 gets six-piston Brembo brake calipers. Where the SRT 392 gets an adaptive suspension, the R/T Scat Pack gets a Bilstein sport suspension.

From
From What I was reading I was pretty confident It wasn’t an SRT. But I just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Yes, there was a SRT 392, and a Scat Pack in 2016. Your is "Powered by SRT", but is not a SRT. Now the SRT 392 has been discontinued and only the Hellcats are SRT

A Guy
Got it so my best guess the gentleman who had it before just put the badge on

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,969 Posts
Yeah, not a crime, but just not quite right ;)

A Guy

Reactions: Wizard of Iz

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Your car is an R/T powered by an SRT 392 Hemi. Until 2020, no badges on the spoiler of a Scat Pack was stock. For 2020, Dodge added the Scatpack bee badge. It's a great car! Personally, I prefer having an R/T vrs an SRT because I like the heritage of the R/T nameplate.

Reactions: 72/340

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your car is an R/T powered by an SRT 392 Hemi. Until 2020, no badges on the spoiler of a Scat Pack was stock. For 2020, Dodge added the Scatpack bee badge. It's a great car! Personally, I prefer having an R/T vrs an SRT because I like the heritage of the R/T nameplate.
This thing is my baby !!but this weekend the badges on the spoiler will be coming off and I’m installing my catch can. I might leave the Scat Pack bee badge not sure what do you think? Bee or no be on the spoiler?

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,477 Posts
My Scat Pack is a 2016. As was said your car would not have had either badge on the spoiler from the factory. I added the 2020 badge because I paid for a Scat Pack and I wanted the Scat Pack name somewhere haha.

Reactions: SRT8 Mike

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I added this to my spoiler, an aftermarket badge. And I painted my spoiler B5 Blue, because I prefer the look. So, it's your car, make it look like yours. Like my signature below says: " This is my car there are many like it, but this one is mine."

Reactions: 72/340

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
4,114 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey. Personally I would take both badges off the spoiler but in the end it's your decision.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This thing is my baby !!but this weekend the badges on the spoiler will be coming off and I’m installing my catch can. I might leave the Scat Pack bee badge not sure what do you think? Bee or no be on the spoiler?

You should still get a badge to show off your scat pack. I know it’s confusing since they call it an RT but give it an SRT engine. So what great is BJsGarage used to create SRT Powered badges for scat packs... Before he had to end his business. So the only way to get his badges is from other people who’ve bought them from him in the past. I asked around Instagram to see if anyone had an extra or was willing to sell me one, and eventually I found a guy who had an extra. DONT buy the cheap plastic ones that you find on amazon or whatnot, they’re bendy plastic and are very overpriced. Ask around, I’m sure you’ll find someone. Let me know if you have any questions :)

·
Registered
16,008 Posts
I have a quick question I was trying to do some research on the forum and other areas around google and wasn’t having much luck. I just recently purchased a 16 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack. From my understanding there are different variants and trim like the shaker, or SRT etc... my question is I was trying to determine weather mine is truly an SRT. says SRT on the spoiler but do not want to be accused of up badging and how do you determine weather it’s an SRT of if the previous owner just put the badge on there I will include pictures any help would be appreciated. View attachment 995039 View attachment 995038 View attachment 995036
View attachment 995035
Dodge made it very easy, just look at the 7th and 8th characters of your VIN.

DJ = SRT 392
FJ = R/T 392 (Scat Pack)

That's all there is to it!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,811 Posts
Dodge made it very easy, just look at the 7th and 8th characters of your VIN.

DJ = SRT 392
FJ = R/T 392 (Scat Pack)

That's all there is to it!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
but what if your car was stolen, and you knew that when you bought it so you changed the VIN to confuse the fuzz should they ever come looking for that trust fund kid’s graduation present that you totally don’t feel bad about keeping because he really wanted a Beemer anyway?

Reactions: LMorgan and Slidd

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
View attachment 995156

View attachment 995157

View attachment 995158

You should still get a badge to show off your scat pack. I know it’s confusing since they call it an RT but give it an SRT engine. So what great is BJsGarage used to create SRT Powered badges for scat packs... Before he had to end his business. So the only way to get his badges is from other people who’ve bought them from him in the past. I asked around Instagram to see if anyone had an extra or was willing to sell me one, and eventually I found a guy who had an extra. DONT buy the cheap plastic ones that you find on amazon or whatnot, they’re bendy plastic and are very overpriced. Ask around, I’m sure you’ll find someone. Let me know if you have any questions :)
Man i really like the SRT powered looks much more put together and clean im definitely going to be looking and asking around about that, i definitely appreciate the help from everyone.

·
Banned
429 Posts
View attachment 995156

View attachment 995157

View attachment 995158

They still make them they are real physical badge, made of thick acrylic I think 1/8
SRT powered fender badges
Adjustments.jpg

Srt powdered spoiler black on black
Adjustments.jpg

Srt powered spoiler yellow on black
Adjustments.jpg

I just ordered mine but it’s white on black I can post pictures when it comes it

These are my buddy’s fender badges made by him as well
View attachment 995183

View attachment 995184

His other set
View attachment 995185

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They still make them they are real physical badge, made of thick acrylic I think 1/8
SRT powered fender badges
View attachment 995172
Srt powdered spoiler black on black
View attachment 995176
Srt powered spoiler yellow on black
View attachment 995177

I just ordered mine but it’s white on black I can post pictures when it comes it

These are my buddy’s fender badges made by him as well
View attachment 995183

View attachment 995184

His other set
View attachment 995185

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what website did you orders those from?

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack, Octane red, A8
139 Posts
View attachment 995157

...So what great is BJsGarage used to create SRT Powered badges for scat packs... Before he had to end his business...
My ’16 SP also had this badge. As many here are aware I recently lost my SP in a total loss crash. I did not know that was an aftermarket badge but good to know. I think I like it better than the ’20 badging so I may look for one after my ‘20 is delivered... hopefully this week. I’ll check with the dealership tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts