Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
There are always some changes so until we know of any of them in an 18 model nobody really can say. Overall you can't go wrong with any new one.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,936 Posts
The '17 has the new Apple Car Play and really a new UConnect system that has been temperamental for some new owners. The '18 has the new one touch up-window feature. Besides some color choices not much more, oh I think that there is also a special suspension option with performance brakes being offered for '18 as well.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
16 Uconnect has had less issues than 2017 plus get an SD card with 16.

17 and 18 offers the optional Dynamics Package with Hellcat wheels, tires and brakes.

The 18 hopefully will have the Uconnect situation straightened out and should be the best of the three.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
The '17 has the new Apple Car Play and really a new UConnect system that has been temperamental for some new owners. The '18 has the new one touch up-window feature. Besides some color choices not much more, oh I think that there is also a special suspension option with performance brakes being offered for '18 as well.
You're ONLY on your 11th Challenger, you may want to wait until you have more experience, then give your thoughts here, lol :grin2:
That temperamental radio could be enough to change a mind or two if a buyer has two cars to select from.
So... when is car #12 coming?????

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
You'll either be buying a "new" 1 or 2 year old car, or a new car ('18). As you already know, savings can be had up front, but once off the lot, the values will be different too.

May or may not be an issue depending how soon you trade/sell, or if it gets totaled in a wreck.

·
Registered
515 Posts
16 Uconnect has had less issues than 2017 plus get an SD card with 16.

17 and 18 offers the optional Dynamics Package with Hellcat wheels, tires and brakes.

The 18 hopefully will have the Uconnect situation straightened out and should be the best of the three.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
There is an update out now that claims to have solved the issues, particularly the lockups/freezing. Owned mine for 5 weeks, it did it 3 times in the first 10 days then nothing for 3 weeks. Updated to the new software last week and so far so good.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,936 Posts
You're ONLY on your 11th Challenger, you may want to wait until you have more experience, then give your thoughts here, lol :grin2:
That temperamental radio could be enough to change a mind or two if a buyer has two cars to select from.
So... when is car #12 coming?????
LOL, I am afraid I am on my last Challenger and I may sell both of the ones I own now for a 300 early next year. I am transitioning to a different career, post my retirement from the Air Force.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
My 15 has u-connect and it's the most useless feature ever. If mine didn't work, I wouldn't even know it.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
LOL, I am afraid I am on my last Challenger and I may sell both of the ones I own now for a 300 early next year. I am transitioning to a different career, post my retirement from the Air Force.
You can't just up and leave, lol. Sell one and keep one.
As always, thank you for your service. Care to share you're next adventure?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
You can't just up and leave, lol. Sell one and keep one.
As always, thank you for your service. Care to share you're next adventure?
Thank you for the kind words sir! My next adventure? Possibly working for my Family's Vineyard/winery and restaurant in Connecticut. I have several family members who own businesses but they need help for expansion and they need good leadership. I have been asked for years to consider it and I would like to run my own business someday, so this may afford me the opportunity to get my foot in the door. So after 24 years, I will leave the Air Force and collect a 55% pension to start a new adventure, 42 is not too old right?

In the mean time, I will most likely be living without a garage in a very pricey part of the State. That would most likely drive me crazy, leaving a beautiful Challenger out in the Connecticut weather, for any length of time.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
Well then negotiate some free garage space in their garage, they need you so that becomes a stipulated term in the business agreement. Need any more advice, you know where to find me, lol.

Reactions: hunttriumph1500
1 - 13 of 13 Posts