Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, My name is Dustin. I'm a city boy from northeasten Pennsylvania. My family and I are about to make my last payment on my challenger. Its a 2014 Challenger in a stunning header orange with an automatic transmition and navigation package. I'm starting to second guess myself for not getting the manual, I'm happy to be a member on the forms and I want your oppinions, should I have gotten the manual? Cheers :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome!! DO you think you can handle a Challenger in a safe way? Did you get the RT or the V6? Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats man :) just be safe man and respect the power know your limitations. You don't want to be that kid that crashed his brand new car. Coming from a 17 year old good luck champ :icon_wink:it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!! DO you think you can handle a Challenger in a safe way? Did you get the RT or the V6? Congratulations!!!!
I wanna start off by thanking all of you for the warm welcome to the form, I like that you guys are looking out for me, I always try to be safe, not only do I want to be safe by myself, but if my parents ever caught me doing something reckless in my car they would take it away and I'd be back to using my 98 Jetta :). But answering your question I purchased the R/T plus model, call me old fashioned but I'm all about the growling V8, and it feels great to scare the crap out of all the kids in my town with their civics haha :)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I would have liked the six speed because I could control all the power, and not to mention it would give my parents some peace of mind because they know I couldn't text and drive ( not that I do anyway, texting and driving is one of the stupidest things you can do in my opinion) but I like the automatic, it's fantastic to cruse around in, because honestly the challenger is like a palace on the inside. cheers :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Welcome and congrats, Dustin! It's an amazing car to drive at your age, whatever the trim or tranny. Play with the AutoStick when you long for a manual; it's fun. Not as much control as with the 6-speed, but maybe that'll keep you out of trouble. I know that at 17 (and even now 30+ years later) I would not have had the self-control and maturity required. Enjoy! :cheers: [I guess it's root beer in your mug :blockhead:]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome and congrats, Dustin! It's an amazing car to drive at your age, whatever the trim or tranny. Play with the AutoStick when you long for a manual; it's fun. Not as much control as with the 6-speed, but maybe that'll keep you out of trouble. I know that at 17 (and even now 30+ years later) I would not have had the self-control and maturity required. Enjoy! :cheers: [I guess it's root beer in your mug :blockhead:]
I think I'm gonna try the auto stick out on my drive to school tomorow, and I agree it's a great car to have at any age, unfortunately some people aren't fortunate enough to have a car at all,so I'm just happy to have a way to get around, but I'm glad I'm blessed enough to have one of my dream cars :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
...but I like the automatic, it's fantastic to cruse around in, because honestly the challenger is like a palace on the inside.
I completely agree! Welcome, man!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Congrats and welcome! That orange is a strong color, really makes a statement. Be safe while you learn your new car. Takes some time to get used a new one, especially one with the type of power yours has. Learn the limits and be real careful backing up, visibility is bad out the back of these.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I think I'm gonna try the auto stick out on my drive to school tomorrow [...]
Take your time. The first car with that transmission (Magnum) I drove, no one told me how to use it and it looked confusing. I was afraid to hurt the transmission too (not gonna happen). Once I got my own (Charger then) I told the salesman that I'd probably leave the shifter alone, and I did for a while... but once I got the hang of it there was no going back to Drive. The latter is a useful mode when you're too busy to shift, but your hand somehow always finds its way to the stick or paddles. :icon_wink:
The main thing to remember is that holding the stick to the right (or pulling on the right paddle) for a couple of seconds will toggle back to Drive.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
You are very lucky to have a challenger that young.Just do not let your friends talk to you to do something dumb, You will never forgive yourself for.Good luck HEMIB5BLUE

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats and welcome to ChallengerTalk. Drive safe and enjoy it to the max!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Welcome from MD. Enjoy you ride but please stay safe!.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome bro!!! Sooo supercharger for graduation hint hint...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts