Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning all of you good people!
Hope your having a great day (if not, look through the window at that beast of a car).

I would really love to see a pictures of your Challengers with 17 or 18 inch wheels. It is really hard to spot ones in the internet and I thought to myself, where if not here is the best place to ask for it.
If it can be found somewhere and I just couldn't find it than please forgive and redirect me to the right place, if you please. But if you're eager to see it too than...
What would you say about showing some pics with a nice labels like:
rims: manufacturer, size (e.g. 18x7.5)
tires: manufactures, size (e.g. 235/55/18)
mods: no/yes (what kind of)
?

Bartek

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
This should be a good thread. I would like to have 18" wheels on mine, but what I have found is most will not fit over the Brembo brakes... I'm looking forward to more people to post! Thanks.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
18x9.5+16 MRR FS01
Clear the 4 piston brembos on my SRT8
I’m selling them if anyone is interested
They have about 25 miles on them.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
18x9.5+16 MRR FS01
Clear the 4 piston brembos on my SRT8
I’m selling them if anyone is interested
They have about 25 miles on them.
I feel like the tires are really slim for being 18" wheels. Is the tire/wheel combo you're (or were) running the same diameter as a stock 20" wheel would have?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Pretty sure wasp was running the skinnier tires cause i found that there are limited companies making the size im running.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Pretty sure wasp was running the skinnier tires cause i found that there are limited companies making the size im running.
Man, you're right. Trying to find a wide summer tire at 18" is a pain in the ass.
Yeah 18’s are kind of a gray area for challengers. Nitto and hankook are the only 2 manufactures for the proper size. Go a little taller and all you will find are drag radials. A little skinnier and you end up with a setup like wasp’s. I went for the nittos because the fit and the ride are nice. They arent race tires but they do grip pretty good for me. They even make the R spec

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would really love to see a pictures of your Challengers with 17 or 18 inch wheels. It is really hard to spot ones in the internet and I thought to myself, where if not here is the best place to ask for it. If it can be found somewhere and I just couldn't find it than please forgive and redirect me to the right place, if you please. But if you're eager to see it too than...

Bartek
Hey dude, how's it going? I know we've spoken already about my setup but I figure I'd throw a pic and some info here anyway in case anyone else wants to know.

Here are my 17-inchers on my 2009 R/T. 17" wheels will not fit on anything with Brembo brakes (SRT, Scat Pack, Hellcat etc etc). Some 17" wheels will fit R/T's and SXT's with no problem. But most will still need spacer/adapters to clear the front calipers.

Rims: 17x7", stock mopar wheels (Dorman), part #4782466AD
Tires: 235/65, BF Goodrich Traction T/A (Discontinued)
Mods: Custom caps (one off's, you don't even want to know), 35mm hubcentric spacer adapters

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey dude, how's it going? I know we've spoken already about my setup but I figure I'd throw a pic and some info here anyway in case anyone else wants to know.
I kinda hoped you join in as you have something to boast about. By the by you showed me a picture of your friend's 17'' rims and it was a picture from this forum (as a link suggest: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=738769&d=1478216818) but I can't find this thread and I would really like to see more pictures or read about his path to their installation. Can you provide me the some links or the nick of your friend?

Here are my 17-inchers on my 2009 R/T. 17" wheels will not fit on anything with Brembo brakes (SRT, Scat Pack, Hellcat etc etc). Some 17" wheels will fit R/T's and SXT's with no problem. But most will still need spacer/adapters to clear the front calipers.
About that... is there some kind of formula to find out if it's gonna fit or not? I mean for example if I find 17'' with 5x155 lug pattern and 12'' offset then I can assume I'm good without mods but if offset is 8'' then I need spacers - or you are unable to calculate it beforehand and you are forced to find it out after purchase.
I'm asking because I found some manufacturers with 17'' 5x115 wheels, here in Europe, but I don't know if I can rely on specs.

Bartek

·
Registered
555 Posts
I kinda hoped you join in as you have something to boast about. By the by you showed me a picture of your friend's 17'' rims and it was a picture from this forum (as a link suggest: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=738769&d=1478216818) but I can't find this thread and I would really like to see more pictures or read about his path to their installation. Can you provide me the some links or the nick of your friend?

About that... is there some kind of formula to find out if it's gonna fit or not? I mean for example if I find 17'' with 5x155 lug pattern and 12'' offset then I can assume I'm good without mods but if offset is 8'' then I need spacers - or you are unable to calculate it beforehand and you are forced to find it out after purchase.
I'm asking because I found some manufacturers with 17'' 5x115 wheels, here in Europe, but I don't know if I can rely on specs.

Bartek
Sorry, no real formula to speak of, you basically just have to buy a test wheel to see if they fit. I'm sure there is a possibility you could try to come up with a formula, but i'm bad at math and wheel physics give me a headache lol. it was easier to just buy a test rim haha. Every wheel is made different.

So the thread you want to look at is http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f79/deep-dish-slotted-mags-99248/

Its a pretty big thread with a lot of good info and a lot of great pictures an discussion, you might find a lot of technical answers to your questions there. However there are really only 3 wheels discussed in the thread that people have actually tried with success.

vanishRT was the first to try it, and I believe his wheels fit over his R/T calipers with no issues. And a lot of his posts discuss offset and fitment. These rims are HRH SLT rims and I think you have to have the bolt pattern custom ordered.

USRWDV8 also decided to get the same wheels for his car. He has a lot of great posts too and a lot of pics of his car. I think this is the car you were talking about that I sent you.

Excobra then jumped in but at the time, those HRH's werent being made anymore, so he went with a set of American Racing 17" Ansen Sprints. I believe these fit on the car easily too, no spacers needed.

At some point I jumped in the conversation to get help even though I wanted steel wheels, not slotted mags. You already know about mine.

Then USRWDV8 was back with some new wheels, some Magnum 500 Replicas from American Racing. These also fit on the front wheels with no problem. Hmm, maybe MINE are the only wheels that needed spacers HAHA. But you should check out those Magnum 500's, the come in chrome like he has but they also come in black and look pretty badass. I think you wanted black wheels right? Here they are.

Also, after seeing my wheels, 73duster put the 18" steel wheels on his Scat Pack, you can see that thread here.

Hope that helps, you'll probably just want to read through that whole Slotted Mag thread from start to finish though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts