Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me what 17 inch rim will fit on a 2012 srt 8 NOT an RT.... Just paid $1000 for 2 rear weld rims from arrington performance, the S71 models, after numerous conversations with their "wheel guy" they assured me they would fit, the order was placed and wheels received, guess what? They DON'T fit!!..The inside of the lip is hitting the rear sway bar, it also will not clear the Brembo brake, which were my concerns the whole time, yet the ass monkeys at arrington assured me they would fit, what a bunch of clowns, how is it possible that when I called them to ask them about this problem they told me they never heard of this, now i'm stuck with 2 $500 coffee tables in the garage, I see lots of guys running in the 11's and 10's on this site someone must know of a rim that works, please anybody, I'm about to blow a gasket!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
I bought a pair if 17s from American muscle. Got the chrome 03/04 17x9.5 fit perfect!

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Plenty of SRT8 guys running Welds. Did you try loading the suspension when fitting them? It should clear the sway bar then. And if you bought the high pad welds, they should clear the Brembo's as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plenty of SRT8 guys running Welds. Did you try loading the suspension when fitting them? It should clear the sway bar then. And if you bought the high pad welds, they should clear the Brembo's as well.
What is high pad???

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
What is high pad???
high pad is the height of the brembo brakes on the srt8 low pad are for r/t its hard to see but the wheels in my pic are weld 17

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
Can anyone please tell me what 17 inch rim will fit on a 2012 srt 8 NOT an RT.... Just paid $1000 for 2 rear weld rims from arrington performance, the S71 models, after numerous conversations with their "wheel guy" they assured me they would fit, the order was placed and wheels received, guess what? They DON'T fit!!..The inside of the lip is hitting the rear sway bar, it also will not clear the Brembo brake, which were my concerns the whole time, yet the ass monkeys at arrington assured me they would fit, what a bunch of clowns, how is it possible that when I called them to ask them about this problem they told me they never heard of this, now i'm stuck with 2 $500 coffee tables in the garage, I see lots of guys running in the 11's and 10's on this site someone must know of a rim that works, please anybody, I'm about to blow a gasket!![/..

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
Can anyone please tell me what 17 inch rim will fit on a 2012 srt 8 NOT an RT.... Just paid $1000 for 2 rear weld rims from arrington performance, the S71 models, after numerous conversations with their "wheel guy" they assured me they would fit, the order was placed and wheels received, guess what? They DON'T fit!!..The inside of the lip is hitting the rear sway bar, it also will not clear the Brembo brake, which were my concerns the whole time, yet the ass monkeys at arrington assured me they would fit, what a bunch of clowns, how is it possible that when I called them to ask them about this problem they told me they never heard of this, now i'm stuck with 2 $500 coffee tables in the garage, I see lots of guys running in the 11's and 10's on this site someone must know of a rim that works, please anybody, I'm about to blow a gasket!!
Cant you send them back. They screwed up and they should take them back. There is also a chance they sent you the wrong rims maybe the ones for the R/T.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cant you send them back. They screwed up and they should take them back. There is also a chance they sent you the wrong rims maybe the ones for the R/T.
They wont take them back, thats why they suck, they just acted stupid when I called, maybe it wasnt an act?

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Results for 10080 - AmericanMuscle.com
P/N 10080. hone the centers out to 73.5mm and you are good to go for the rears. won't fit over the front brembos without spacers as the front brakes are larger.
light and strong. I have over 300 passes on mine.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
6" is what the spec states in the link

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I tried spacers up front so I would have four matching wheels but didn't care for the ride over 70 MPH. The front SRT brakes are a lot thicker than the rears. I was always fastest with the stockers up front than with 17" up front even thought the 17s were a lot lighter.
It would bottom out too easily with the17" up front.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
553 Posts
whats the back spacing on these?

Here's the box label.What KJ392 said you just have to open the center bore up a little.I used a 2" flap wheel 40 grit in a drill.Took about three test fits and about 5 minutes.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts