Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some confusing differences with SP Shakers I'm hoping someone can clear it up. Some come with the hectic mesh upgraded interior trim and some have the blacked out interior (both with leather by the way) with the black trim on the wheel, dash, and the plain metal trim. It seems that all shakers now come with the bee logo on the suede seats regardless of SPAG. I used to think that ordering SPAG on a SP Shaker got you the upgraded interior trim but on the '17+ cars it doesn't indicate that on the option list for SPAG. If that's the case, how does one get the hectic mesh interior trim and silver trim wheel and dash on a 392 Shaker?

Also, other than the bee stripe, what's the point of the $1300 SPAG option now on Shakers if the seats already have the bee logo etc.? Seems like a lot of the options are included in the shaker package and the build site doesn't seem to be discounting these overlaps... Anyone know??

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
The '17+ SPAG option for SP Shaker adds:

*Hectic Mesh interior trim / bright bezels for steering wheel, IP cluster surround
*HIDs
*SP Bee animation in IP cluster on start-up
*SP tail stripe (deletes std. Shaker stripes)

The price came down slightly due to the Leather / alcantara seats w/ SP Bee logo are std. Used to have to add Leather Int Grp to get those seats. SPAG used to be available '15/'16 with cloth seats w/ SP Bee logo - not that many ordered like that.

The major item in '17+ SPAG are HIDs - used to be a $700 stand alone option prior to '15 on R/T models.

The only other way to get HIDs on any SP trim is to order Driver Conv. Grp if you don't order SPAG option.

There's still two interior color options black / black or black / ruby red with the SPS interior with the alcantara / leather interior.

The std interior dash / console trims are dark brush aluminum (and dark wheel, IP cluster surrounds).

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! When I looked at the build site it didn't indicate the hectic mesh etc. on the list of features for SPAG so I wondered how one got it.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The '17+ SPAG option for SP Shaker adds:

*Hectic Mesh interior trim / bright bezels for steering wheel, IP cluster surround
*HIDs
*SP Bee animation in IP cluster on start-up
*SP tail stripe (deletes std. Shaker stripes)

The price came down slightly due to the Leather / alcantara seats w/ SP Bee logo are std. Used to have to add Leather Int Grp to get those seats. SPAG used to be available '15/'16 with cloth seats w/ SP Bee logo - not that many ordered like that.

The major item in '17+ SPAG are HIDs - used to be a $700 stand alone option prior to '15 on R/T models.

The only other way to get HIDs on any SP trim is to order Driver Conv. Grp if you don't order SPAG option.

There's still two interior color options black / black or black / ruby red with the SPS interior with the alcantara / leather interior.

The std interior dash / console trims are dark brush aluminum (and dark wheel, IP cluster surrounds).
Something strange, I saw a shaker listed on a dealer site with the bumblebee stripe etc but had the standard shaker interior with the black trim. That's what really threw me off.

Here's the listing:https://www.woodyfolsomcdjr.com/vehicle-details/new-2017-dodge-challenger-392-hemi-scat-pack-shaker-2C3CDZFJ8HH629491

this car has SPAG on the sticker too... ??

Another one, same dealer:https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDZFJ2HH633696

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
The Shakers get the dark trim by default, whether they have SPAG or not, it will be dark.

That Dodge info appears to be in error just as it continues to say that SPAG on Scat Pack without Shaker includes the Hectic Mesh, it does not, and only way to get hectic on Scat Pack is to order the Leather Group, otherwise it will also be the dark trim.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The Shakers get the dark trim by default, whether they have SPAG or not, it will be dark.

That Dodge info appears to be in error just as it continues to say that SPAG on Scat Pack without Shaker includes the Hectic Mesh, it does not, and only way to get hectic on Scat Pack is to order the Leather Group, otherwise it will also be the dark trim.

Change for '17 then? '16 Shakers with SPAG have the upgraded interior trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Change for '17 then? '16 Shakers with SPAG have the upgraded interior trim.
Hmm, you are right. So guess on Scat Pack Shaker when they say the SPAG gives you the Hectic mesh is true. Without SPAG the Shaker definitely get a the dark trim. I'm looking for a 2017 392 Shaker with SPAG.

Edit: ok, this is crazy. I found a 17 SP Shaker with SPAG and it's got the dark trim. It's hard to keep up lol.

2C3CDZFJ1HH633737

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just realized I had forgot about the bezel option. I got robbed on mine. SPAG with shaker and no hectic bezels in 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I feel so ignorant. For the life of me I can't figure it out. WHAT IS SPAG? Everyone but me knows. Common knowledge except in my house. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
I feel so ignorant. For the life of me I can't figure it out. WHAT IS SPAG? Everyone but me knows. Common knowledge except in my house. Thanks!
Scat Pack Appearance Group

We starting using this acronym when the '15s were just coming out...

Some other ones you may see:

DCG Driver Convenience Group
TG Technology Group

EVIC Electronic Vehicle Information Cluster

SGII Sound Group II
HK Performance Audio [aka: HK Audio (Harmon Kardon)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Scat Pack Appearance Group

We starting using this acronym when the '15s were just coming out...

Some other ones you may see:

DCG Driver Convenience Group
TG Technology Group

EVIC Electronic Vehicle Information Cluster

SGII Sound Group II
HK Performance Audio [aka: HK Audio (Harmon Kardon)
Bless you my child. A wealth of info. So I have DCG, EVIC, SGII, and NO SPAG. That clears it up. Wait, no it doesn't, I have HK which is NOT SGII. I think that is Alpine. Am I riiiiiiiight????? ( Sam Kinneson)

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The links for the two '17s I posted in my response to Hal were both SPAG cars without the hectic mesh and grey trim (wheel and gauges). Wondering if Dodge dropped this upgrade on all shakers for 2017?? This is what was confusing me.

Also, some T/A 392s come with the Shaker (non SPAG) door trim panels with the vertical lines and some have the standard R/T leather group door panels. Another mystery.

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Bless you my child. A wealth of info. So I have DCG, EVIC, SGII, and NO SPAG. That clears it up. Wait, no it doesn't, I have HK which is NOT SGII. I think that is Alpine. Am I riiiiiiiight????? ( Sam Kinneson)
Alpine is the Sound Group II, HK is Harman Kardon. Harman also made the 8.4 radios until 17, now made by Panasonic.
What are hectec bezels?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The trim on the console and around the gauges, it's usually a dark brushed look on base SXT, R/T, Blacktop and Shaker cars or a brighter finish with this hectic pattern on higher end cars and cars with leather interior. The steering wheel trim is also usually dark or bright to match the console trim.

If it's hard to see in these pics, just look at pics of some base SXT cars and you will see the dark trim, the SXT Plus will have the hectic mesh and bright trim.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Alpine is the Sound Group II, HK is Harman Kardon. Harman also made the 8.4 radios until 17, now made by Panasonic.

The trim on the console and around the gauges, it's usually a dark brushed look on base SXT, R/T, Blacktop and Shaker cars or a brighter finish with this hectic pattern on higher end cars and cars with leather interior. The steering wheel trim is also usually dark or bright to match the console trim.

If it's hard to see in these pics, just look at pics of some base SXT cars and you will see the dark trim, the SXT Plus will have the hectic mesh and bright trim.

Thank you for the detailed reply!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for the detailed reply!

Also, with the hectic (last pic in slidd's post, 3rd pic is actually SRT only) you get silver/grey trim on the steering wheel and around the guage pod in the dash.

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Also, with the hectic (last pic in slidd's post, 3rd pic is actually SRT only) you get silver/grey trim on the steering wheel and around the guage pod in the dash.
Ok what is SRT only, the console bright trim?
Cool, hectic is basically the honeycomb look.

Yes it is, carried over to the side markers too ..

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok what is SRT only, the console bright trim?

Yes it is, carried over to the side markers too ..

The trim in that pic was from an SRT and is different than the non SRT upgraded hectic trim. Yours looks like the 70's Pontiac Trans Am dashes. That's pretty cool in my option as I always thought those dashes were cool.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts