Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock active exhaust no doubt sounds good but a bit quiet for my taste....much better than my stock 13 R/T did. I put dynomax mini mids on and it still wasn't quite loud enough so I hacked off the exhaust at the axle just to see what it would do and EXTREME DRONE at nearly all conditions. Reason I did this is because for one it was free and 2 this actually sounded better on my 13 with the stock mid resonators than a full stainless set-up (can't remember which one) I purchased and ultimately regretted..sounded ok but was to quiet. Anyhow back to the 17.... I welded back on the tail pipes but with 3 inch straight pipe instead of the rear resonators. Ive finally come to conclusions that this is as loud as its gonna get and still sound decent. Windows up it sounds excellent with some drone in certain lower rpm conditions with sport mode on. Main difference from stock is its now loud enough in sport mode that I can have the music up and still hear the exhaust. Windows down i still get that poppy harley sound (IMO) after 3500-4000 rpm to redline but I've noticed that ALL systems have that...even the most expensive ones...at least in the videos. I guess its just the nature of the 5.7. This is nearly eliminated from my perception with both windows up or minimized if I have the passenger side window up and/or am not by buildings/cars that the sound reflects off of. In all I have about $75 in the exhaust.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts