Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if 17" wheels will fit (front and back) on 2016 SXT? I have the basic V6 car with blacktop package but no special brakes or anything like that.

·
Registered
561 Posts
They will definitely fit on the back, and they should fit on the front, without adapter spacers. On my R/T, my 17" wheels would not fit over the front calipers without the adapters. However, on older models, the SXT used single piston brakes while the R/T used dual piston brakes, making them bigger. Assuming that is still the case, your calipers should be smaller that an R/T, and since the 17" wheel just barely hit on mine, I would say it's a safe bet that the 17" wheels will fit on an SXT without adapters.

BUT... you just never really know. I only know of a handful of people that are running 17" wheels on their cars, and they are all either R/T's or SRT's. Plus, a lot has changed in the past years, the SXT brakes might be beefier now. Also, every wheel company is different. I know of at least 1 17" wheel that fit's R/T's without adapters, but mine didnt. Really, the only way to be sure is to buy 1 wheel and test fit it. That's what we all had to do. It was all trial and error. And, if for some reason they still don't fit, you could always use adapter spacers like me.

good luck

·
Registered
486 Posts
Does anybody know if 17" wheels will fit (front and back) on 2016 SXT? I have the basic V6 car with blacktop package but no special brakes or anything like that.
There are 17" wheels that will fit a 2016 SXT. But different wheels have different designs so not all 17" wheels fit.
The question is, where are these 17" wheels that you want to put on you car?
In addition to the spoke design that is a consideration for clearing some brakes, there's also a consideration of the wheels offset for clearance to suspension components and fender well.

If you are considering buying them locally, you should try one on. The last thing you would want to do is buy one just to find out if it fits or not.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sure they will fit. Folks are throwing on 17s on Scats with the bigger brakes. As mentioned above, make sure the style (inner barrel clearance), offsets, widths, etc are correct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts