Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some 275/40/17 drag radials I'm considering running at the track on my mostly stock auto Mopar 10. Has anyone else had success with this size and if so what wheels do you recommend?

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
That's a great size to run, the 26" tall tire really helps gearing out of the hole. But you will be shifting into 4th before the traps (only downside, but with diablos new crom update you can bring the shift point to 6200 which will keep you in 3rd at the end of the run). Since you have an R/T I'd suggest buying some 17x9" torq thrust m's, you will need a 1/8" spacer though (unless you machine the wheel hub some). Good luck!

Oh yeah and-I don't have any experience with these, but a lot of people run 17x9 cobra replicas as well, and I believe that may be even a cheaper solution ($110/rim). Ask Speedy though, he runs them so he'll know for sure

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually have a set of Cobra OEM 17x9s so if they'll work with no issues that would be an option. I'd like to find a 17" wheel that looked similar to black Mopar 10 wheels. I'll look into those torque thrust wheels, thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts