Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Generally speaking, yes. However, if you have cerain Brembo brakes, I think 18" wheels can be problematic.

Which exact model of Challenger do you have?

Also - if you live somewhere where you get snow and road salt is used, you may want to look into chrome wheel skins. They give the chrome look without all of the drawbacks of real chrome wheels.

Here are pictures of my 2018 Challenger (18" Challenger SXT wheels with chrome wheel skins) and my 2012 Impala (17" Charger wheels with chrome wheel skins) - just to give you an idea what they look like. Most people believe that I have real chrome wheels. The big advantage is that if I ever damage the finish or salt eats away at the chrome, I can always just replace the wheel skins for ~$80 and have brand-new looking wheels again. I love these things.

2018 Challenger (w/18" Challenger SXT wheels/chrome wheel skins):

2012 Impala (w/Charger wheels/chrome wheel skins):

They only make wheel skins for certain wheels (OEM wheels) - and some wheel types have both black and chrome skins available.

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
If you have an SXT, the Charger wheels will fit.

Back when I had an '09 SE, I put some aftermarket chrome wheels on it. In the winter, I would throw the stock wheels back on.

For the record, they were Boss 338 wheels with a 18X8 size. Part number 33869815.

Boss Chrome Wheels

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
Can the wheels of a charger fit the Challenger. looking for 18 chrome wheels for my Challenger
They will fit, but using Charger wheels on a Challenger will cause your Challenger to sprout 2 extra doors, so be forewarned of that.

Don't believe me? Take a gander at happened to my Challenger after I started using some Charger Pursuit wheels on it:

4 doors.jpg

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hmm - interesting. So if I then go back to "Challenger" wheels, will it go *back* to being a 2-door? If so, that would come in really handy at times and I may have to get me some Charger wheels (the ones on the Impala are too small - 17" - so I would need 18" plus versions)... ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,356 Posts
Hmm - interesting. So if I then go back to "Challenger" wheels, will it go *back* to being a 2-door? If so, that would come in really handy at times and I may have to get me some Charger wheels (the ones on the Impala are too small - 17" - so I would need 18" plus versions)... ;-)
Funny you should ask, as I actually traded my Challenger wheels to the guy that had the Charger my wheels came off of, and he wanted the Challenger wheels for that very same reason - to see if they would turn his 4 door LX into a 2 door one.

So I would just ask him and report back if it worked or not, except he stopped returning my calls shortly after installing my wheels. The paranoid side in me thinks that it did work, and his car is now a 2 door Challenger. But that wasn't the only thing that changed; the new wheels also changed his attitude toward other LXs of different makes...like mine.

In other words, I think maybe my Challenger wheels not only turned his car into a 2 door, but they also turned him into a door-ist. A door-ist is someone who judges others on the door count of their respective LX. In my case, once my door count (4 now) differed from his (2 now), I was no longer worthy of talking to. Its as if I am somehow beneath him or something because I now have twice the number of doors as him.

I don't know...what I do know is all the division this door count thing is causing could end up fracturing our community into disparate, autonomous pieces, and I don't like the thought of that!

It's not the number of doors that make the car, it's the car that makes the car!! When will people get that through their thick skulls?!?

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Funny you should ask, as I actually traded my Challenger wheels to the guy that had the Charger my wheels came off of, and he wanted the Challenger wheels for that very same reason - to see if they would turn his 4 door LX into a 2 door one.

So I would just ask him and report back if it worked or not, except he stopped returning my calls shortly after installing my wheels. The paranoid side in me thinks that it did work, and his car is now a 2 door Challenger. But that wasn't the only thing that changed; the new wheels also changed his attitude toward other LXs of different makes...like mine.

In other words, I think maybe my Challenger wheels not only turned his car into a 2 door, but they also turned him into a door-ist. A door-ist is someone who judges others on the door count of their respective LX. In my case, once my door count (4 now) differed from his (2 now), I was no longer worthy of talking to. Its as if I am somehow beneath him or something because I now have twice the number of doors as him.

I don't know...what I do know is all the division this door count thing is causing could end up fracturing our community into disparate, autonomous pieces, and I don't like the thought of that!

It's not the number of doors that make the car, it's the car that makes the car!! When will people get that through their thick skulls?!?

You're a-door-ible.

We shouldn't judge cars by the number of their doors, but the content of their engine bays... content of their car-acter?

Pun crafting is hard.

·
Registered
66 Posts

So who gets the door prize? >:):grin2::wink3::lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
sr71cbx
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing