Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I know the feeling....I have had my Charger for almost 9 years, and as badly as I want a new Challenger, I keep getting this small knot in my stomach when I think about driving off the lot in a new car and leaving my Charger sitting there. I'm sure I'll feel like I'm abandoning a friend.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
I know the feeling....I have had my Charger for almost 9 years, and as badly as I want a new Challenger, I keep getting this small knot in my stomach when I think about driving off the lot in a new car and leaving my Charger sitting there. I'm sure I'll feel like I'm abandoning a friend.
Hellcat will fix that. :cheers:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
soon I will be going to shades of the past in pigeon forge tn.in the past I walk countless miles eye balling hundrads of cars.think this year I can just relax enjoy the atmosphere and be happy with just an overview of the event

·
Registered
135 Posts
My wife ordered a new scat pack Challenger which is due in next month. Last night she told she doesn't know if she can part with her current Challenger because it has become part of her. Told her to keep them both.

For me on I'm the waiting list for a Hellcat Charger.

·
Premium Member
7,326 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Dodge Challenger -- the Harley Davidson of cars. Not the fastest. Not the highest performing. Just immensely satisfying trip after trip after trip. You always look forward to driving it.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Dodge Challenger -- the Harley Davidson of cars. Not the fastest. Not the highest performing. Just immensely satisfying trip after trip after trip. You always look forward to driving it.
Please don't compare Callengers to Harleys.

Reactions: Go Goody

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Please don't compare Callengers to Harleys.
I dont know what nerve I hit, but...

My sport bike was fast but uncomfortable. My BMW was marvelous but a compromise. Only my Harley offered all day comfort, could carry much by motorcycle standards without degrading base performance.

The Challenger is genuinely comfortable for all day travel, spacious, has tons of carrying capacity by volume and weight, without degrading performance, looks better than anything else out there at its price, and meets the very definition of "cool". All attributes of a Harley Davidson motorcycle.

You bet they compare.

·
Registered
483 Posts
have owned my 13 rt 6 speed 18 months.what I have lost interest in is other cars.in the past 54 years have owned about 50 American performance cars.this is probably the longest I have been completely happy with my toy.
I'd be interested to see a list of the American performance cars you have owned. After 54 years, I'm sure there are some really neat cars on that list (and some on my dream list).

The Challenger is a neat car, designed and built by gearheads for gearheads--simple, fast, retro. As cool as the modern Challenger is, there's really no comparison to a classic muscle car...you know, the kind with a solid lifter cam, no computer, with an engine that shakes and vibrates the entire car to the tune of a deep lumpy exhaust note while emitting the smell of un-burnt fuel as you scare women, small children, and Prius drivers away. It may not be as fast as modern muscle cars, but the driving experience is completely different. The crowd is different as well. It seems modern gearheads can tune the hell of of their cars with a laptop, but then pay someone else to do their cam swap (for example)...I don't get it. Different stroke for different folks I guess. Personally, I'd rather design/pick/install my own cam, install my own headers, change my own cylinder heads, build my own engine, etc...that's hot rodding!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd be interested to see a list of the American performance cars you have owned. After 54 years, I'm sure there are some really neat cars on that list (and some on my dream list).

The Challenger is a neat car, designed and built by gearheads for gearheads--simple, fast, retro. As cool as the modern Challenger is, there's really no comparison to a classic muscle car...you know, the kind with a solid lifter cam, no computer, with an engine that shakes and vibrates the entire car to the tune of a deep lumpy exhaust note while emitting the smell of un-burnt fuel as you scare women, small children, and Prius drivers away. It may not be as fast as modern muscle cars, but the driving experience is completely different. The crowd is different as well. It seems modern gearheads can tune the hell of of their cars with a laptop, but then pay someone else to do their cam swap (for example)...I don't get it. Different stroke for different folks I guess. Personally, I'd rather design/pick/install my own cam, install my own headers, change my own cylinder heads, build my own engine, etc...that's hot rodding!
first new car was a 69 superbee 4 speed which I compare as being very similar in size and the overall driving experience to the challenger rt. next a new 701/2 Camaro louder stiffer but still a pleasure to drive.the last before I entered the new era in 05 with a a new 06 gt mustang was a 70 boss 302 with 42,000 miles which was less forgiving than most. my opinion most factory muscle from the 1st era were smooth running good drivers until people screwed with them.still have a 69 340 swinger hemi orange no options recently sold a 68 superbee.probbably the only one I haven't owned that I would like to own is a 70 amc machine

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Why? Why not?................ :5:.

I dont know what nerve I hit, but...

My sport bike was fast but uncomfortable. My BMW was marvelous but a compromise. Only my Harley offered all day comfort, could carry much by motorcycle standards without degrading base performance.

The Challenger is genuinely comfortable for all day travel, spacious, has tons of carrying capacity by volume and weight, without degrading performance, looks better than anything else out there at its price, and meets the very definition of "cool". All attributes of a Harley Davidson motorcycle.

You bet they compare.
Most of the Harley riders I know (not all mind you) are weekend only, leather clad, pull on the fake tattoo sleeves "biker" posers...it's beyond lame

The staff of every local Harley dealer around here are a bunch of elitist racist snobs who will NOT give you the time of day if you A. did not pull up on a bike. B. don't look like a biker or C. are Black

HD makes nice bikes but the dealers are so full of themselves I wouldn't give them my money if they where the only company in the world that made bikes

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,087 Posts
The only car I've been interested in after I picked up my first Challenger was an upgrade to another more powerful Challenger. I'll be ordering my 3rd one in the spring and it's well worth waiting for!:woot:

·
Registered
320 Posts
soon I will be going to shades of the past in pigeon forge tn.in the past I walk countless miles eye balling hundrads of cars.think this year I can just relax enjoy the atmosphere and be happy with just an overview of the event
Pigeon Forge has to be one of the greatest places for car shows. I went to Rod Run this year, I've never seen anything come close to the sheer amount and variety of cars you will see and have the option to buy.

·
Premium Member
7,326 Posts
Most of the Harley riders I know (not all mind you) are weekend only, leather clad, pull on the fake tattoo sleeves "biker" posers...it's beyond lame

The staff of every local Harley dealer around here are a bunch of elitist racist snobs who will NOT give you the time of day if you A. did not pull up on a bike. B. don't look like a biker or C. are Black

HD makes nice bikes but the dealers are so full of themselves I wouldn't give them my money if they where the only company in the world that made bikes

Maybe some dealers are like that but not all. I agree that since most H-D shops have become boutique stores with made-in-china clothing hanging everywhere it might seem like they're snobs. But there are still a lot of good shops around.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread; I have not lost interest in my 2009 R/T.
:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts