Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 SXT - literally was the dealer's wife's car, came with ALL the xtras including the 20" rims.

It's time for new tires and just thought I would ask, for a really RETRO look, which will look better, 18 or 20 inch rims? I want so FAT ASS tires in the back!

Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
You really can do either. It just matters which size wheel looks best to you. I've had both, and to be honest, I would go 20", but that isn't a firm vote on my part. The retro 18's looked good too on my car(see pic). Get the widest and tallest tire you can for your rim width.

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You really can do either. It just matters which size wheel looks best to you. I've had both, and to be honest, I would go 20", but that isn't a firm vote on my part. The retro 18's looked good too on my car(see pic). Get the widest and tallest tire you can for your rim width.
Thanks man, looks great!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I found some NOS (still in the original packaging!) OEM Rallyes from the '09 model year and absolutely love them - same size as the plain-jane 18s the rest of the V6s come with. Now that I've got these, just need some black stripes to go with the black pockets on the wheels =0)

The Boss 338s (like @MEKrunner had) are slightly wider, though, and that gives a great look as well. I had those in grey on my black Challenger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts