Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I may have to get 2 new tires to pass inspection this year.
So I though I might replace the 2 rear tires and get big, bulky tires.
I would want it look obvious that the rear tires are bigger from the side view of the car ( and the rear view) like an old muscle car.
I have a 2011 sxt with 18" rims ( car is not lowered - so there is lots of room in there )
Thanks for the help.
Richard

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
265/60-18 or 255/55-18, that's about it I think

·
Super Moderator
16,633 Posts
I'm running 265/50s on mine...that's about the widest on the 7.5" rim.

Here's mine with that size: (all four corners)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,515 Posts
Rim Width Matters

265/60/18 would be way too tall. On top of that, I believe the stock 18s are 7.5 or 8 inches wide, 255 and 265 would likely be too wide to fit properly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I got some 255/50/18s for my rears a while back because I wanted something that didn't look/act like the pizza cutters that came on it. I was disappointed in the results because the tires did not look any wider when viewed from behind, and I started experiencing some body roll at high speeds.

It turns out both were a result of the 7.5" width of the factory rims. I bought some aftermarket 18"x8" replacements (all four corners), and both problems were resolved.

Your results may vary of course, but in my case, 0.5" in rim width made all the difference in the world!

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
265/60/18 would be way too tall. On top of that, I believe the stock 18s are 7.5 or 8 inches wide, 255 and 265 would likely be too wide to fit properly.
Yeah duh, I meant to write 265/50-18. True probably a little wide, but think we have a couple members on here running these sizes on stock wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts