Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,996 Posts
Good luck with that...

A Guy :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Have fun polishing it in your garage. You can always watch some YouTube videos and yell "vrroooooom!" to get the real driving experience!

Congrats though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,255 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and never say never about mods lol.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
This isn't the type of car you should buy and to just drive around like a 4cyl Honda Accord. At least have a garage and hand wash it, wax it or ceramic coat it. The car also sits lower than the average car which you also have to be cognizant of that or you'll bottom out or have a destroyed front fascia in no time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
This isn't the type of car you should buy and to just drive around like a 4cyl Honda Accord. At least have a garage and hand wash it, wax it or ceramic coat it. The car also sits lower than the average car which you also have to be cognizant of that or you'll bottom out or have a destroyed front fascia in no time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Start mailing me some money and I'll be sure to abide by your rules... PM me for address.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Start mailing me some money and I'll be sure to abide by your rules... PM me for address.

This is NOT an economy car..........BELIEVE ME. Ought to realize that going in.

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
Welcome from Portland! I daily drive my 16 Scat Pack, and love it. PM me some day, I'd like to check it out. Don't worry about the front air dams, they are cheap, like about $100, I'm on my third one.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
If you are getting an automatic I can see no need for mods for DD car. But if your getting a Manual I recommend a Clutch delay valve removal and a skip shift bypass. Those a catch can and Shaker drain hoses are the only mods so far on my 2016 Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker. I have to come up with a shorter model name for this thing

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
If you are getting an automatic I can see no need for mods for DD car. But if your getting a Manual I recommend a Clutch delay valve removal and a skip shift bypass. Those a catch can and Shaker drain hoses are the only mods so far on my 2016 Challenger 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker. I have to come up with a shorter model name for this thing
I laughed when I saw that model's name every time. That's ridiculously long for a trim of a model!

On a serious note, I do recommend a catch can regardless if it's automatic or manual.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
if you are getting an automatic i can see no need for mods for dd car. But if your getting a manual i recommend a clutch delay valve removal and a skip shift bypass. Those a catch can and shaker drain hoses are the only mods so far on my 2016 challenger 392 hemi scat pack shaker. I have to come up with a shorter model name for this thing

absolutely.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
OregonScat,
Concerning your thoughts on NO mods: don't blame ya. I don't plan on modding mine either.
OK, I did put a catch can on it, but I don't consider that a mod. It simply protects the engine much like paint film protects vulnerable areas of the paint. IMO, it should have been installed right at the factory, but that's another story.

Congrats on your new baby. We all remember the feeling. So get ready for a restless night and remember to schedule time for a good nap tomorrow cuz you won't be sleepin' much tonight.

A little advice:

Just breathe. You've made it this far, and the wait is almost over. We're pullin' for ya: you can make it just one more day.

RWL11: Concerning wha-chu said about front air dams: it's amazing how strong those rascals are. I thumped mine pretty good on an out-a-level section on my dumb dirt road the other day. Didn't seem to bother it at all.

Gary

·
Registered
387 Posts
Shaker drain hose?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,996 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts