Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As an FYI, I got word from the parts manager at my local Dodge dealer yesterday that the Stage 1 PCM will be available for 2018 5.7L (345 ci) Hemis soon. This is good since there really doesn't seem to be a need to do the full stage 1 kit when you have a '17+ since the exhaust doesn't need an upgrade with the current active system. I already have a Mopar CAI too so will be perfect way to get some warranty friendly plug-n-play hp.

For those of you who want to get their 5.7s pretty close to that 400hp mark from the factory, this may be the direction you will want to go.

·
Vendor
12,386 Posts
As an FYI, I got word from the parts manager at my local Dodge dealer yesterday that the Stage 1 PCM will be available for 2018's soon. This is good since there really doesn't seem to be a need to do the full stage 1 kit when you have a '17+ since the exhaust doesn't need an upgrade with the current active system. I already have a Mopar CAI too so will be perfect way to get some warranty friendly plug-n-play hp.
can't even get 2017's......FCA cancels all the orders
Luke

ps we have stop selling any of them.....

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
can't even get 2017's......FCA cancels all the orders
Luke

ps we have stop selling any of them.....
Wow, that's too bad. I wonder where they were getting their information from? I overheard the parts manager and the service manager discussing them and I asked about it when I was in for a tire patch yesterday.

I certainly trust your word, Luke but I wonder where the disconnect is coming from. Sorry for the misinformation guys...

·
Vendor
12,386 Posts
reviews have been so mixed, and shipping time totally unpredictable since Arrow racing was bought out by Prefix Corp, there is no listing for 2018's and we have no luck ordering 2017's
Luke

Reactions: MuscleCarProf

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, perhaps I'll have to go Diablo after all. Anyone know when tuning/unlocked PCMs will be available for 2018's?

·
Registered
5,989 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
your OBD Port is locked as well. You'll either need to install a second OBD port for the tuner or see if there is a way to by pass it's security.
Is that just for 2018?

*edit* read your updated post and the thread you added. I know there is tuning for '17s so there must be a work around with an unlocked PCM.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah they're not available for 2017s and up. I dont understand why dodge doesnt offer us reasonable performance packages for all V8s I'm beginning to think if you dont have a hellcat, demon, you are assed out. Roush does it for mustangs all day. I'm seriously thinking about trading mines in for a camaro or mustang.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Yeah they're not available for 2017s and up. I dont understand why dodge doesnt offer us reasonable performance packages for all V8s I'm beginning to think if you dont have a hellcat, demon, you are assed out. Roush does it for mustangs all day. I'm seriously thinking about trading mines in for a camaro or mustang.

If you're into instant and numerous factory/big name mods, then trading would be the best thing to do.

Camaros and Stangs are mod friendly and cost effective, but they are still Camaros and Mustangs! LOL

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Yep, FCA is telling all of us 345 owners they have ZERO interest in us because we didn't buy a Scat Pack or Hellcat. Great way to alienate your customer base.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Then time to move on. No sense crying about it, just get your fast go cart and giddy up into happiness.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As an FYI, I got word from the parts manager at my local Dodge dealer yesterday that the Stage 1 PCM will be available for 2018 5.7L (345 ci) Hemis soon. This is good since there really doesn't seem to be a need to do the full stage 1 kit when you have a '17+ since the exhaust doesn't need an upgrade with the current active system. I already have a Mopar CAI too so will be perfect way to get some warranty friendly plug-n-play hp.

For those of you who want to get their 5.7s pretty close to that 400hp mark from the factory, this may be the direction you will want to go.
You will love it. Have the Stage 1 on my 2016 R/T Shaker. My favorite part is that the exhaust sounds like it should. I had planned on pitting the Magnaflow Cat back system on, but it sounds so sweet there was no need. Add a Pedal Commander. I highly recommend it. While it doesn’t add HP, you sure as hell will think it did. Best bang for you buck w/o breaking out tools IMO. Huge difference in response. In sport plus 4 mode it’s near impossible to take off without burning rubber..with or without the traction control on.
Best part is the dealer had no clue the car had the Stage 1 kit installed. I saw the badging and hopes it did. When I flew in to pick her up my hopes were confirmed. Tag under the hood, CAI and the exhaust were easy to spot. And the PCM I checked when I got her home (after the 600 mile drive). The only thing I had to do was an oil change and put the SRT filter on. The dealership service the car before I picked her up and put a standard filter on, not the High flow one.

·
Vendor
12,386 Posts
only done at the dealer level.......

1 - 20 of 34 Posts