Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my 2018 SXT+ back in December (Wish I got a SP but I still love it), about a month ago I installed K&N cai, and just removed the resonators, the exhaust was loud but after a couple weeks it settled and sounded pretty good for a v6, but this week Ive noticed when I drive in sports mode anytime I let off the gas I get this lovely sounding gurgle from the exhaust, or if I accelerate with WOT from 2 - 5 MPH I will get a loud backfire when it shifts. It sounds great, but I just am hoping to hear it's normal, since I never really got these before this week. I find it amazing that the 3.6l v6 on my challenger can sound so.. v8ish.

I looked this up and it's common for our brothers in RT or SRT models, but I haven't seen anything about the v6.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I sure the reason is because you have lessened the back pressure by removing the resonators.

As with member Jaybird, I too would love to hear a clip of what your exhaust sounds like. :wink3:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use to have a 2017 cat back true duals. Eliminated x pipe added super 10's. I've upgraded since to an RT. I would get the same pops and gargles which sounded pretty good when I let off the gas or punched it. It's normal. The x pipe is not really a true performance x pipe with only a tiny hole for back pressure that separates them. If u go with true duals and bring performance mufflers to the mid section welhere ur resonators use to be straight pipe it to the back with some tips it will deepen the tone. Sounds good. I did find idle it sounds very similar to the v8, however when u gun the Rt with straight duals and performance mufflers, it literally explodes with a thunderous magnificant tone. The sxt will kick up higher tone but the difference will only be noticable by a Hemi driver

1 - 5 of 5 Posts