Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay Guys. I found the wheel I like but it is 18". That being said what is the biggest ( Wide & Tall ) Tire you all ran on a 18 X 10 wheel in the rear ?
I want to fill the rear wheel well. Like the Old school look .
Any input would be great.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Another consideration is which brake calipers you have. I also like the old school look but the Brembo calipers on my Scat Pack limits my options

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I should have stated I Don't Have Brembo's.
So Clearing my Brakes is Not a Problem.
Thanks for pointing that out .

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
That's the look !
What Brand tire you running if I may ask ?
Be aware, tires in this size are limited.

Currently have the Nitto 555 G2. Great daily driver tire. Hooks decent on my mostly stock/bolt on 5.7. Great water track and i get close to 20-25K miles with proper care.

you will come across 305/40 or 45 tires mostly produced as drag radials or dot slicks. Other options i have came across is the Hankook ST (truck tire) and the goodyear eagle F1 which I believe has been discontinued in this size. So you are quite literally stuck with the nittos, but they are not bad tires at all

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,553 Posts
The Toyo Proxes III also come in 295/45R18 , but like the Hankook are listed as truck/SUV tires. Members do run them on their Challengers. The 555 G2 is the only High Performance tire in that size though

A Guy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts