Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody actually running an 18" wheel on and SRT?

I would like to buy such a wheel, and then mount a cheap 245/55-18 on it, and then stuff it in the trunk as a spare.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Does anyone know if I could get my Magnum 500 wheels to fit over the Brembos? Is there a spacer or some sort of process to make them work? out there that would work? I'd love to use them again and have my Alcoas sent off for widening and powdercoat.

The wheels in question:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f17/r-t-wheels-exhaust-110242/

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I know the MOPAR Magnum 500 wheels are 18x7.5 with a 24mm offset and 5.19 backspace according to the calculator below. The SRT Alcoa wheels are 20x9 with a 25mm offset and 5.98 backspace according to the same calculator.

So is my solution as simple as coming up with a 3/4"-1" wheel spacer?

According to this Wheel/Tire Calculators | Custom Offsets.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Looks good

here is a pic of the bolsa wheel on a SRT with brembos

Also Tire Rack has 12 options for 18" for the SRT - dirt cheap if all you want is a full size spare
Good thread. Never thought 18's would fit. The side wall is refreshing.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry to bring up the past, but did you actually end up getting these? I am considering going down to 18s for my 2011 392. Would like to find some 18x9s for street driving. Tirerack has a couple 18x8s and I'm not crazy about the winter-only tire packages. Has anyone found anything aggressive that will fit our cars with 18s??
thanks in advance
-terry

Check out forgstar. I'm actually thinking about getting these for dedicated track use. So many tire choices for the 18". Lightweight as well. About 20lbs.

And these are 6 piston brakes btw
View attachment 177937
View attachment 177945

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Sorry to bring up the past, but did you actually end up getting these? I am considering going down to 18s for my 2011 392. Would like to find some 18x9s for street driving. Tirerack has a couple 18x8s and I'm not crazy about the winter-only tire packages. Has anyone found anything aggressive that will fit our cars with 18s??

thanks in advance

-terry

I gave up on the forgestar. They take forever. I spoke to a local distributor and they recommended the MRR. Also lightweight. They said they should start making them in the 18s starting late this month. The problem is figuring out the offset since I will be upgrading my front brakes to the 6 Piston brembos in the near future. Here's the MRR wheels.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1452711596.993018.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts