Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t seem to find a 180 thermostat for the sxt. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a 180 thermostat for the 3.6 v6 pentastar? I have a 2017. I can’t seem to find one anywhere on the internet i don’t know if maybe they don’t make one or if it’s just hiding underneath a rock or something. I would greatly appreciate it. If someone knows where I can get one can you please leave a link on where to get it. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
If you can’t find it there are two reasons, either it’s not made or as I suspect zero need for it.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
I can’t seem to find a 180 thermostat for the sxt. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a 180 thermostat for the 3.6 v6 pentastar? I have a 2017. I can’t seem to find one anywhere on the internet i don’t know if maybe they don’t make one or if it’s just hiding underneath a rock or something. I would greatly appreciate it. If someone knows where I can get one can you please leave a link on where to get it. Thank you.

https://www.mishimoto.com/jeep-wrangler-3-6l-racing-thermostat-12.html

You can look around some for lower price, I bought the mishimoto 180 stat for my 3.6, I think I paid about $50 shipped to the door, when changing it out make sure you purge the air with the nut on the thermostat housing, I didn't drain nothing, just pull the thermostat housing off, swap out the thermostat it's a three piece design- you turn the end of it to unlock the base and the spring and stat comes out, reverse to install. I started my car and bleed the air thru the nut, did this several times, I lost very little coolant not even enough to worry about refilling the tank.

I did mine several years ago. I bought the ones that are popular for the jeeps, same engine, same thermostat.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I bought the ones that are popular for the jeeps, same engine, same thermostat.
Not always the case, sometimes the thermostat location and how it mounts to the engine is the same, but sometimes the angle and direction of the hose is different, and sometimes the depth of the thermostat is different because of the different housings. I know this for a fact on pontiac engines, there are a few different thermostats for the 455.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts