Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Rt, I installed a 180° Thermostat and set the fans with Ac off to: Low @ 190 Mid @199 And High @199, cross the board, I took it for a test run and notice that the temp is sitting around 192°-195° Do I need to drop the fan settings? or is it fine how I set them?

Thank you guys in advance.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,555 Posts
I have a 2013 Rt, I installed a 180° Thermostat and set the fans with Ac off to: Low @ 190 Mid @199 And High @199, cross the board, I took it for a test run and notice that the temp is sitting around 192°-195° Do I need to drop the fan settings? or is it fine how I set them?

Sounds like it is operating as expected according to thermostat and fan settings.

What temps are you expecting to see?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts

Low temp T-stat does not lower the coolant temperature. The low temp T-stat just means it takes longer to get the coolant up to temperature. This increases engine wear. Increases oil contamination and will shorten the oil's "life".

How much above the T-stat opening temperature the coolant gets is a factor of how hard the engine is working, ambient temperature, and last but not least how much cooling capacity the cooling system has.

At some point no matter how hot outside it is, and how hard the engine is working, the coolant temperature will climb. (In one car in 116F ambient temperature it climbed to 226F.) But it will go no higher as the cooling capacity -- which has the fan speed on high as was the case with the car I mentioned above -- will stop the coolant temperature from running away.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,511 Posts
Looks fine to me and you are using pretty much the same temps as I used for my settings when I had my R/T.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
453 Posts
@cubanogar Do you have a diablo tune? HHP has recommended fan settings.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
453 Posts
Per HHP:

RECOMMENDED FAN SETTINGS FOR USE WITH THE DIABLO TUNING: In order to take full advantage of your HHP 180 degree thermostat, on applicable vehicles with adjustable fan settings, we recommend the following fan temperature adjustments on your Diablosport tuner. Set All 9 Fan Settings (both Air Condition On and AC Off) to: All HS (High Speed) Fan Settings to 194 Degrees All LS (Low Speed) Fan Settings to 189 Degrees All MS (Med. Speed) Fan Settings to 192 Degrees *Failure to set your fan settings at these higher temps will result in your fans constantly running and can cause your fan motors to burn out prematurely.

Reactions: A Guy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts