Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. 1st post but not a troll.. Always been a Chevy guy but I'm looking to crossover. Have always loved the Challenger look. Test drove a 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 6 spd a few weeks ago. Okay but not great.

Test drove a 19 Charger, auto, scat pack a few days ago. Okay I'm sold. Just had to try the scat edition..

No offense to Charger fans but I'm gonna role with a Challenger, auto.

Now I'm thinking the 1320 Challenger. Pro's and Con's of going 1320 or Scat Pack option only??

Car will be weekend toy, car show only, grocery store to buy Beer. No rain, garage only.

Thanks and look forward to becoming a part of team.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Buy what you can stand sitting in the garage most of the time. The days when you get the "baby" out and about are fun indeed. I only needed a '19 Challenger R/T Shaker 5.7/6 speed to suit my needs. Driving it relaxes me. Whatever version I was going to get was going to have a 6 speed manual period. I looked at the Scat Pack, but decided I didn't need the extra 110 H.P. The 375 H.P. is enough for me to have fun with. If I wanted to go faster-er...........It would have been a Scat Pack auto for sure. There's no way I would buy a 1320, Hell-Kitty or a Demon. Too much for my needs. If I'm gunna spend that kind of money on a toy, it would be dedicated drag car. A Dart or Duster back half big block/automatic car. It's your money, fill your garage with what you want to look at some of the time. Like now.........winter sucks. Today was nice, 55°. BUT.....salt dust on all the roads. My B5 baby didn't leave it's nice clean garage.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I didn't need the extra 110 H.P.
said no body ever!..lol. ?

OP, the 1320 is a potent machine, obviously its a more straight line race oriented model, so it maybe a lil lacking in overall feel good options which you may prefer in a car thats more or less weekend therapy role, but with that you get the fastest N/A V8 dodge makes.
I would not discount a widebody scat however. The widebody package changes everything!!
Having worked up thru the trim levels, I could probably never go back now to anything less than 700+ hp in widebody form..its simply intoxicating and makes all my other cars seem boringly slow.
I agree, buy what makes you happy, as you only live once!

Reactions: Cominfromcamaro

·
Registered
977 Posts
New guy here. 1st post but not a troll.. Always been a Chevy guy but I'm looking to crossover. Have always loved the Challenger look. Test drove a 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 6 spd a few weeks ago. Okay but not great.

Test drove a 19 Charger, auto, scat pack a few days ago. Okay I'm sold. Just had to try the scat edition..

No offense to Charger fans but I'm gonna role with a Challenger, auto.

Now I'm thinking the 1320 Challenger. Pro's and Con's of going 1320 or Scat Pack option only??

Car will be weekend toy, car show only, grocery store to buy Beer. No rain, garage only.

Thanks and look forward to becoming a part of team.
so you will use yours how I use mine haha.

I came from a Camaro and wanted to buy a 19’ Camaro but they made the design ugly so i just couldn’t do it.

I bought a 2019 Scat Pack non-widebody with technology, Nav, Plus package and the driver convenience group.

The convenience group is really nice and a welcome addition, plus is a must and the technology I thought was silly at the time, I really enjoy. Nothing says lazy American like I can’t turn on my own windshield wipers!

Anyways, there’s no such thing as too much power. The Scat Pack is an animal, it is such an unbelievable, exhilarating car to drive on the weekends, I’ve never enjoyed driving a car this much. It’s fun to drive even in eco from stoplight to stoplight. But you’ll squeak the tires on the other modes by just driving regularly, it’s a blast. As far as the 1320, it’s total overkill for a street car as all the upgrades are track focused. Save your money and you can use that cash to change the headlight to utilize the intake, wider tires, mud flaps etc.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
234 Posts
You can pass on the 1320 if you don't intend to track it regularly. When I bought my SP I didn't think I'd drag it, but after a year of break-in time I've been twice and got the bug now. I'd still take the Shaker over the 1320, but its great having choices.

One more thing. If you're looking for something unique (aka 1320) check out the 50th anniv editions for 2020. Those will make great garage queens!

·
Registered
418 Posts

OP, the 1320 is a potent machine, obviously its a more straight line race oriented model, so it maybe a lil lacking in overall feel good options which you may prefer in a car thats more or less weekend therapy role, but with that you get the fastest N/A V8 dodge makes.
I would not discount a widebody scat however. The widebody package changes everything!!
Having worked up thru the trim levels, I could probably never go back now to anything less than 700+ hp in widebody form..its simply intoxicating and makes all my other cars seem boringly slow.
No really. 375 HP is enough. 99.9% of the time I'm cruising along at 60MPH. Oh don't get me wrong......I love getting on the interstates. Over a hundred most of the time makes merging a piece of cake!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
No really. 375 HP is enough. 99.9% of the time I'm cruising along at 60MPH. Oh don't get me wrong......I love getting on the interstates. Over a hundred most of the time makes merging a piece of cake!!!
It’s enough for you, not for me lol. If horsepower didn’t matter we would all be driving 80’s Honda Civics still.

Reactions: Dren and hemi4us

·
Registered
210 Posts
It’s enough for you, not for me lol. If horsepower didn’t matter we would all be driving 80’s Honda Civics still.
Have you seen this Dodge commercial? What's better than horsepower, more horsepower.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,186 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

And not everyone buys a Challenger because it has the most HP, or they all would be Redeyes

A Guy

·
Registered
977 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

And not everyone buys a Challenger because it has the most HP, or they all would be Redeyes

A Guy
I did! Lol. But I wasn’t looking for a FI car, I just wanted a massive, loud V8. I can’t drive 700 hp, I’d be in big trouble.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Less feel good is okay as long as it has Air Con.. Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so you will use yours how I use mine haha.

I came from a Camaro and wanted to buy a 19’ Camaro but they made the design ugly so i just couldn’t do it.

I bought a 2019 Scat Pack non-widebody with technology, Nav, Plus package and the driver convenience group.

The convenience group is really nice and a welcome addition, plus is a must and the technology I thought was silly at the time, I really enjoy. Nothing says lazy American like I can’t turn on my own windshield wipers!

Anyways, there’s no such thing as too much power. The Scat Pack is an animal, it is such an unbelievable, exhilarating car to drive on the weekends, I’ve never enjoyed driving a car this much. It’s fun to drive even in eco from stoplight to stoplight. But you’ll squeak the tires on the other modes by just driving regularly, it’s a blast. As far as the 1320, it’s total overkill for a street car as all the upgrades are track focused. Save your money and you can use that cash to change the headlight to utilize the intake, wider tires, mud flaps etc.

Yes the difference is about $4K for 1320 plus around $1500 for plus pack. $5K is a few significant mods that could be done to a scat. But I sure am stuck on B5 as my color choice.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have a 1320 with the plus pack. It has all the nappa/alcantara seats. Mine also has both the tech and driver convenience groups. The car sticker was over 50K but I got it for 42,990 back in october. A good deal for the fastest NA stock car available. With rebates you can get deals on them. I drive the car year round 3-4 days a week weather permitting. I did take the drag radials off (still got them) and put some Extreme Contacts on. Some have a misconception about the 1320 and define it as if it were almost a track only car. The 1320 is just as capable and comfortable a daily driver Challenger as any other Scat. With the demon goodies that come on it, it is a bit more heavy duty and can take more of a pounding than the average scat. It puts the power of the 392 to the ground better and thus has the capability to be drag raced regularly if a person chooses to do that. In other words, it's there if you want it. But, if you want to just drive the car like any other Scat, you can do that too. Add in the fact that the 1320 is far less common that other Challengers and you kinda have an added cool factor too. I have never even taken mine to the track yet but I flat out love it.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yes the difference is about $4K for 1320 plus around $1500 for plus pack. $5K is a few significant mods that could be done to a scat. But I sure am stuck on B5 as my color choice.
I’m in that B5 club! You can’t go wrong with either!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found me a used 1320 for sale. Car has 4 options total on it making it lighter I assume.
Scat Pack, Auto trans, power sunroof, red brake calipers.

One problem. Sunroof? Drag car with sunroof not so stiff.. Am I looking too deep at this. Opinions?
Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought mine last year just because its a tougher built car. With 1049 built it feels a bit special to.I found a white one with
lots of goodies you dont need. But ya need the Harmon Kadon. I think its the best challenger i had over the years.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you're not going to drag race the car regularly, I wouldn't get the 1320. Spend the money on the leather/alcantara seats (heated and cooled) and be sure to get the HID headlights. Both would be a deal breaker for me after living with mine for 3 years now.

And about the sunroof, I've never had a car without one. I have it open about 90% of the time, and the windows. Nothing as cool as hearing the hemi roar. never had a problem with the roof, and it handles just fine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts