Dodge Challenger Forum banner

19 Scat to 18 Cat Comparision

4K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  WidebodyOnly 
#1 ·
Okay, I started looking at used HC's. I found an 18 pretty close to everything I want. Here is my window sticker and the Cat Sticker - Give it to me straight. What am I losing by go down a year, what am I gaining besides 200HP!! (yay). Mine has 15K miles, this one has 4K and is of lease.

IF I don't make a deal on this one, it still seems to be the way to go for me used with low miles. Thanks in advance -

Attachments

#2 ·
That 18 looks nice. You won't be losing anything, you'll be gaining a nicer interior and the adjustable suspension in addition to 707 hp.

I see you're an M6 guy but keep in mind that the Hellcat M6 and axle ratio is totally different. You've got a 2.97 low with a 3.90 axle, the Hellcat has only a 2.26 low with a 3.70 axle. That's the equivalent of starting in 2nd gear with your car so the HC might take some getting used to.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#3 ·
As fast as those Hellcats spin up.....I’d really think about going A8.

Can’t argue about the color of the Hellcat though!!!

#4 ·
The Yellow 'Cat in widebody & M6 isn't something you'll find very many of. If the additional spend is worth it then go forth with the deal.

#5 ·
Honestly after going to an A8 from a 6spd, I would never go back to a 6spd but again it's all up to what you like. As far as year difference I would for sure go with the HC. If it wasn't that I fell in love with the Shaker in 2015 I was going to get the HC A8...

#10 ·
She's a beaut!

A Guy

#13 ·
Looks great, congrats (y)

A Guy

#17 ·
Reactions: Designflaw
#18 ·
Yes, the 1st had 14K and a sun roof, this one is 5K no roof and rear seat delete. Not my favorite part.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Need to update your avatar...and sig ;)

A Guy

#26 ·
Exactly......I wanna see that yellow one mixed in with that existing sea of red he has accumulated in a nice group shot. It will look like a bastard at a family reunion.......but a VERY NICE bastard. :LOL:

#25 ·
I’m seriously considering grabbing a Manual Cat myself. I keep fighting the urge to grab one. I’m so far invested into my current ride that it would kill me to let someone else have her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.