Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a 19 scat pack a8 and am trying to find out which traction mode sport or track is best for 1/4 mile racing? Does anyone know what the differences are?
I know to use track mode for the transmission.

Thank's, any info would be appreciated.

Hellcat lower air-box & k&n filter
Nt555r drag radials 305/35r20

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
319 Posts
For better weight transfer at drag strip use Sport traction suspension. Track mode for tranny as you said. These are set in my Custom settings for quick access.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For better weight transfer at drag strip use Sport traction. Track mode for tranny as you said. These are set in my Custom settings for quick access.
That's how I have custom mode setup as well. I'm wondering what exactly is the difference between sport and track when it comes to traction?
Do you have active suspension?

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
319 Posts
That's how I have custom mode setup as well. I'm wondering what exactly is the difference between sport and track when it comes to traction?
Do you have active suspension?
Sorry, I meant to say.. For better weight transfer at drag strip use Sport SUSPENSION. I keep Traction in Track mode (and often turn off stability control altogether by holding down the corresponding button for 5+ secs). I do run drag radials however.

Yes, my scat has the optional Adaptive Damping Suspension.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

FYI, per Drive Mode Supplement:

Traction
Track
• Press the “Track” button on the touchscreen to modify traction control
to optimize track performance with the least stability control.
Sport
• Press the “Sport” button on the touchscreen to turn off traction control
and reduce stability control.

Suspension
Track
• Press the “Track” button on the touchscreen to provide the firmest possible
suspension stiffness with the highest amount of comfort trade-off.
Sport
• Press the “Sport” button on the touchscreen to provide a firmer suspension
stiffness with moderate comfort trade-off.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Hi all, I have a 19 scat pack a8 and am trying to find out which traction mode sport or track is best for 1/4 mile racing? Does anyone know what the differences are?
I know to use track mode for the transmission.

Thank's, any info would be appreciated.

Hellcat lower air-box & k&n filter
Nt555r drag radials 305/35r20
In Dodge talk, Track means road course not 1/4 mile.

Also lots of info in your Owner's Manual, download one or call customer service and they'll mail you one.

The Hellcat owners manual or SRT Drive Mode supplement which can download will probably have more info.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,086 Posts
In Dodge talk, Track means road course not 1/4 mile.

Also lots of info in your Owner's Manual, download one or call customer service and they'll mail you one.

The Hellcat owners manual or SRT Drive Mode supplement which can download will probably have more info.

A Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SP WB - Hellraisin, A8, Plus Pckg, Tech Grp, Driver Conv, Alpine, Sunroof, Spoiler
245 Posts
I'd heard somewhere on here or ****** that for 1/4 mile, keeping suspension on STREET allowed for better weight transfer to the rear tires off the line. I guess the idea was that the softer setting pushed force into the rear tires. Any truth to that or is SPORT the sweet spot?

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
I'd heard somewhere on here or ** that for 1/4 mile, keeping suspension on STREET allowed for better weight transfer to the rear tires off the line. I guess the idea was that the softer setting pushed force into the rear tires. Any truth to that or is SPORT the sweet spot?
Yes that seems to be what most with the adaptive suspension will do and believe Jim Wilder of SRT also recommended this, so:

Trans: TRACK
Traction: SPORT
Suspension: STREET

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.