Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just recently bought a '19 SXT AWD. Cars got 1500 miles on it. I have some bolt on mods slated for the car (just did the intake, exhaust next, wider staggered tires ect.) but i am most on the fence about doing the suspension.

My brother is a mechanic and i have a friend who will let us use his shop and help out when available so i am not worried about price or "worth it" aspect as i will just being paying for parts and a six pack/dinner to say thank you. What i am worried about is the car is brand new and is a suspension upgrade really necessary at this time.
Unfortunately the AWD challengers get a normal duty suspension as opposed to the sport suspension that the RWD SXT gets. Searched high and low for the specifics but cant seem to find anything concrete as to what the differences are. Not sure if this upgrade will give me that big of a difference on a brand new "normal duty" suspension. but we will have it on a lift soon and figured it could be a good time to do it all at once.

Does anyone have any experience with the mopar super track pack suspension? Is it going to make a big difference on a new suspension? Also says the car can drop .5 in. We are worried about chamber being effected and wheels wearing unevenly. Should also mention i live and work in the greater philly area. The roads are terrible. How stiff does this make suspension and will it make a daily driver become more of a pain than pleasure?

Thanks so much in advance and sorry for the long winded post, haha.

·
Super Moderator
14,837 Posts
Super Track Pack will make the ride firmer - but its not harsh.

The unknown is whether the front springs are available for the AWD version. There's differences in front strut due to AWD axles and I'm not certain if a shorter spring is used in AWD applications vs. the RWD

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

The unknown is whether the front springs are available for the AWD version. There's differences in front strut due to AWD axles and I'm not certain if a shorter spring is used in AWD applications vs. the RWD

Yeah man this seems to be the issue i am finding too. Mopar website makes no mention of this. Some third party venders say only RWD but only some. Is there a MOPAR like help line/dumb questions drop box? i'd like to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Thanks for the input on the ride quality!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

so did alil more research and found a similar thread on an '18 challenger AWD GT. Seems the guy was just as stumped. you are right in that the front suspension is very different on the AWD in design. He had trouble finding any sort of after market suspension upgrades for the AWD. no mention of the super track pack though and if it does in fact fit or not. Leaning to what we are already thinking; probably not.

Still would like to leave the thread open. If anyone has some better insight please let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts