Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unique Jeepster Commando, the tailgate is the only part that has not been modified. 388 ci small block chevy, 15,000 miles since everything new but engine block. Fuel Injected GM TBI. 5 Spd Getrag manual trans from 92 Dodge 3/4 ton diesel. 241 short shaft transfer case. Custom Alcan front springs, spring over, Dana 44, 5:13 with Detroit Gearless locker. 1 ton tie rod assy's and over sized rods. Dana 60, 1 1/2 35 spline rear axles. Double trianglated 4 link in the rear with TJ 2" lift coils. Beat up 30 gallon gas tank fron Chevy Blazer, lots of trail miles on that tank! 37" Good Year MTR's, good tread but sat for 2 years, I was oversea's. Onboard air system with York compressor, recycle oiler, tank and fittings. PRP suspension seats with matching yellow piping, passenger seat slides and folds forward. Rear seat from TJ, tan color, great for kids, mine loved it. New wiring harness. Replaced front front floor pans with 14 gauge steel. Rear floor has some corrosion near tailgate. Custom swing out spare tire carrier mounted on tapered roller bearings and a swing arm for tire. Hand throttle on shifter and starter button on shifter. Postal Jeep hood and grill, makes alot more room for V-8. That is most of the stuff that is nearly new,,,Now for the older stuff..I painted this Jeepster in '03 so it has seen a few branches from trail rides and such, a few "rust" bubbles in a few spots, not a show Jeep but a very nice looking Jeep. Original paint was stripped down before repaint so no multiple layers. Both doors, windows roll up and down nice, have removable pins in hinges and door stops, nice gaskets to keep out wind and water. Windshield, newish glass and converted into a fold down, nice for trail rides. Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks frt and rear. front swaybar diconects. Warn 9000 winch, needs new solenoids. I never replaced them because the only time I used the winch was to help other people and never got much thanks for doing it.

Now the extras: Made a custom half cab top for it from a full sized hard top that was smashed in the back, this was before I had kids. Made a custom Jeepster trailer to haul our camping gear around after I had 2 boys. 85 Toyota front axle with lockout hubs.

Now what needs to be changed: The roll cage, it is welded black pipe. I know it now but not then, it's a bad idea to depend on it but it was better than nothing. Tires are age old but still have good tread, Have driven this thing everywere. Used to be a daily driver for 13 years till gas got really bad. 15 MPG on highway, much lower than that on the trail.

Son is almost 14 years old and we need to start building a vehicle for him, this is too much. My Mom wants to give him the car I learned how to drive on, 1980 Plymouth Volare. Need to sell to pay for new project, Have owned this thing for 21 years but it needs a good home now, we don't go wheeling much anymore. Would cost way more to build on your own and it is turn key. Serious on price so no tire kickers please. If you want more pics I can send them...
Located in Monroe, NC just south of Charlotte. Asking price $13,000
Thanks, Aaron aka R/T Classic

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts