Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this video of this guy who actually made this, from scratch. You can find all the details in the video (the link is below). I think it's beautiful and I give people credit for having the passion to do something like this. My only gripe about the appearance, and maybe I've been looking at the modern Challengers for too long now, is that the side windows seem a bit big. Chop a few inches outta the pillars and put in smaller windows. Even so, I have NO talent for doing anything like this, so I should keep my mouth shut. Thought some of you would enjoy!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I found this video of this guy who actually made this, from scratch. You can find all the details in the video (the link is below). I think it's beautiful and I give people credit for having the passion to do something like this. My only gripe about the appearance, and maybe I've been looking at the modern Challengers for too long now, is that the side windows seem a bit big. Chop a few inches outta the pillars and put in smaller windows. Even so, I have NO talent for doing anything like this, so I should keep my mouth shut. Thought some of you would enjoy!

1970 Plymouth 4 Door Barracuda Cuda in Red & Engine Sound on My Car Story with Lou Costabile - YouTube
This vehicle was on display at the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, PA this weekend. They used a modified Sebring body to make it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,003 Posts
One can admire the ability and workmanship...but ugly is ugly (butt ugly?), sorry

A Guy

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Love it. I like OEM stuff and everything else has been done, this is true craftsmanship. True no 4-door looks as good but it's not terrible, I'd drive it.
Don't understand the Sebring body comment, the owner said the car was built from scratch.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
811 Posts
:surprise::notallthere::scratchhead::werd::nono::confused:

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
As a former owner of a 1971 'Cuda, I 100% agree with you.
But what about all those who think the lame 4 door Charger or Magnum is so sweet? Imagine some of these modern cars at Barrett Jackson.
Some people must have had too much sun exposure and melted their minds.

·
Registered
724 Posts
The only hi performance 4 door car Chrysler ever made was the 63/64 Plymouth 9 passenger station wagon with the light wt aluminum front end sheet metal and hood scoop with there cross ram stage 3 426 max wedge.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
But what about all those who think the lame 4 door Charger or Magnum is so sweet? Imagine some of these modern cars at Barrett Jackson.
Some people must have had too much sun exposure and melted their minds.
None of these modern cars are going to end up at Barrett Jackson.

Maybe Demons and Vipers.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am with the "but why bother" crowd. I would have rather seen them take a new Charger or Challenger and build a 1969 Charger out of it with all the modern amenities.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
That project was a total waste of time. I saw it in Carlisle over the weekend and I can't believe the Carlisle staff promoted it. That car was just plain stupid. I don't care how much craftsmanship was in it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts