Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

i need to replace the fuel sending unit on my 1970 318 challenger. i've found several parts on ebay but they are listed with different sizes (for example 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, etc). does anyone know how to determine what these sizes refer to/which size i need?

aloha~

·
Registered
265 Posts
it has to do with the size of the fuel supply line... I think 6cyl and 318 got the 5/16 , 340 and all big block got 3/8 and 440-6pack and hemi got 1/2. Its been a while...hopefully someone else may remember and chime in ...
Check with Year One...

·
Banned
368 Posts
it has to do with the size of the fuel supply line... I think 6cyl and 318 got the 5/16 , 340 and all big block got 3/8 and 440-6pack and hemi got 1/2. Its been a while...hopefully someone else may remember and chime in ...
Check with Year One...
i think you are right on the money, with exactly the numbers you quoted, i bought one for my 69 roadrunner, somehow the box was misprinted on the label. i needed one for a 383 with a 3/8 fuel line and got on for a 440 with a 1/2 in line. if you know of anyone looking for one of these for a 440 or hemi. let them know, that i have one. it is still new, i didnt get near the tank, so it is still fuel free...

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
well actually, there were only two sizes- 5/16" and 3/8"

The big block 440s and hemis got a sending unit that had a 3/8" supply with a 1/4" return that came from a vapor separator.

Nothing had a 1/2" line from the factory although you can get them in that size now. but nothing came with them stock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts