Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2019 392 Plum Shaker. 2022 Hellraisin 345 Shaker
1,028 Posts
Phillips screw driver and patience. I'm pretty certain it is installed from the rear of the bezel. You can take the switch bezel off from the front and undo the screws there OR lay on your back and take it apart from underneath. A contortionist is almost needed for the latter choice.

I prefer to use a Factory Service Manual (FSM) for these types of repairs to guide me. This one is fairly simple but time consuming

· Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
36,746 Posts
1970 Challenger manual available at the link in this post...should mostly be the same I'd think

A Guy

· Premium Member
3,853 Posts
Ok got the panel loose but can’t get it out. Do I need to disconnect the head light switch, wipers and dash switch before getting it out? If so how? Going in blind.

View attachment 1073378
In answer to all of your questions, NO. Oh boy, getting that panel out is a major pain. The problem is the dash pad isn't playing nice with you and keeping the top in. It has been years for me, but I know to remove the entire gauge cluster, the switch panel has to come out first. I used a big flat blade screw driver to gently try to pry down on the switch panel and move it to the right to get it out. Once there, you will have no choice but to remove all connectors to the switches to get the panel out. Don't worry, all the connectors are different shaped, so you can't make a mistake re-installing them.
Oh, one more thing, did you remove the screw below the switch panel?

Reactions: A Guy and deano379

· Registered
7 Posts
Phillips screw driver and patience. I'm pretty certain it is installed from the rear of the bezel. You can take the switch bezel off from the front and undo the screws there OR lay on your back and take it apart from underneath. A contortionist is almost needed for the latter choice.

I prefer to use a Factory Service Manual (FSM) for these types of repairs to guide me. This one is fairly simple but time consuming
All of the above is correct but couple things. First make sure battery disconnected. Then when you get dash back away from firewall, consider disconnecting the AMP meter from tge dash and by passing. ALL the voltage in car goes through that wire and those amp wires are the source of lots of car fires. You can then turn the amp guage into a volt meter which is so much safer. Just avsuggedtion while dash is out..

· Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
36,746 Posts
Illinois is really chic (If I remember correctly)

A Guy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts