Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. I bought (2) 73 Challengers in the hopes of getting one restored. Both are rusted beyond just normal repair. So far I have replaced the entire front floor pan and currently cutting out the entire rear floor pans, trunk pans, rear frame rails and wheelhouses to replace. I was able to purchase most of the pieces through AMD but can't find any brackets/braces that go between the wheelhouse and the "package tray". Also I cannot find a taillight panel for a 1973. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to find these parts?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
There's a used one on ebay now.Seller Mattsauces
As far as I know the 70 taillight panel is the only one being reproduced right now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i ended up putting a '70-'71 tail panel on my '74 duster for the same reason. and had to buy a matching bumper.

View attachment 334754
Looks good. The problem is that I have (2) 73 Challengers that I want to restore. Both have bad tail-light panels. If I change to a different year then I have to find the same year taillights... I do not plan on car shows, just want a nice car to drive. I may replace the 73 bumpers with an earlier year (73 has ugly bumpers).
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Post some pictures of your restoration projects as you progress forward. Inspiration for us slackers to get off our butts and start working on ours.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I have put in a request through them and am waiting on a reply. Thanks
I sent you two PMs with links to this one and one Expensive NOS.Sorry for the duplicate messages,technical diffficulties.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Not familiar with the 72 up Challenger.How is the filler neck different from the 70 71?Just curious.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks good. The problem is that I have (2) 73 Challengers that I want to restore. Both have bad tail-light panels. If I change to a different year then I have to find the same year taillights... I do not plan on car shows, just want a nice car to drive. I may replace the 73 bumpers with an earlier year (73 has ugly bumpers).
Thanks for the reply.

For parts and info for your 73, join Moparts. They have a huge swap meet section where parts are sold, and also a "wanted" section. You can find anything you need there.

As for your bumpers, I moved the bumpers on my 73 in flush, so it now looks like a 72, Ask me any questions you want. I can tell you everything you need to do to move the bumpers in, like the 70-72's.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts