Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve Strope's Pure Vision custom shop has built a gorgeous 1973 Challenger resto-mod, complete with a modern 392 engine, as a golf prize for the Charles Schwab Ultimate Challenge at The Colonial- a country club in Fort Worth, Texas. Maybe we should take up golf?

The car had to be a ’73 Dodge Challenger, to play into the year Charles Schwab opened for business and the Schwab Challenge tournament name. Also, the colors needed to reflect the sponsor’s corporate medium-light-blue- and-white scheme.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
278 Posts
Wow!! I like that.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,024 Posts
Nice, I could use one of those. (y)

·
Super Moderator
15,027 Posts
nice restomod- very sympathetic to the original's looks.

I've always thought that if the front panel (surround around headlights / grille) were blacked out - it would give the '72 - '74 models a more aggressive look to the front end.

The '70 / '71 had that negative space defined by the recessed and darker grille finish - the '72+ being body color made things blend in more, especially with the lighter colors

·
Registered
739 Posts
nice restomod- very sympathetic to the original's looks.

I've always thought that if the front panel (surround around headlights / grille) were blacked out - it would give the '72 - '74 models a more aggressive look to the front end.

The '70 / '71 had that negative space defined by the recessed and darker grille finish - the '72+ being body color made things blend in more, especially with the lighter colors
Yes, a blacked out surround would have added a much more aggressive look. (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts