Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, If i bought a 74 Challenger, Could I fit the headlights/grille and tailights of a 70 Challenger on the car?? The bodystyle was the same from 70-74 wasn't it? Cuz my mom had a 70 Challenger that had a passenger fender from a 73 on it. I was just wondering, I know u can do this with the 68-70 Chargers

·
Registered
492 Posts
77 Monte Carlo said:
Just wondering, If i bought a 74 Challenger, Could I fit the headlights/grille and tailights of a 70 Challenger on the car?? The bodystyle was the same from 70-74 wasn't it? Cuz my mom had a 70 Challenger that had a passenger fender from a 73 on it. I was just wondering, I know u can do this with the 68-70 Chargers
I'm not sure if they'll be a direct 'plug and play' so-to-speak, as I believe the front/rear fascias were not exactly the same. I once owned a '74 Challenger and actually preferred the front grille/rear end much better to that of the '70 and '71 myself. That's probably why I hope that either DCX and/or aftermarket parts manufacturers will make optional 1970-style 'cuda front grille and rear taillight assemblies for the new Challenger, as IMO...I much preferred the styling of the 71 'cuda to that of the '70 Challenger. :cool:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason i was aking is because the 74 i want to get, The grille is messed up and the headlights are busted out, Also the rear tailights are busted and well, The car was vandalized by some kids. My uncle has a bunch of parts for a 70 Challenger, and he said if I get the car, I can have all the parts.

·
Registered
492 Posts
77 Monte Carlo said:
The reason i was aking is because the 74 i want to get, The grille is messed up and the headlights are busted out, Also the rear tailights are busted and well, The car was vandalized by some kids. My uncle has a bunch of parts for a 70 Challenger, and he said if I get the car, I can have all the parts.
Well, in that case, get those '70 parts from your uncle and then possibly sell/trade them for those '74 parts you need...in case the '70 parts don't fit. For me, I'd try and keep the '74 close to original as possible, as there were a lot less of them made...good luck. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll take any Challenger I can get, Well, I dont want the ones from the 80's, I mean 70-74, I love that car, I'd take a new one too

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree keep it looking like a 74 thats what mine is,they made the least of that year since they stopped production early in the year.Mine is a 360 ralley car,but now has a 440

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I didnt get the car, i looked it over closely, and the quarters were both full of bondo, Which didnt bother me much, I would get new ones, but when i looked underneath the car, the frame is rusted completely in half on the passengers side, right by the door. about 2 feet of the frame is just rotted off. The floorboards have been patched, with what looks like aluminum siding lol. No exhaust, no headers. Trunk floor is rusted off and is hanging over the gastank. Also the frame rails around the gas tank are extremely rotted. I found out the car has a 426 Hemi out of a 71 Cuda, but it doesn't run. The front fenders and hood are fiberglass, and the car was originally pink with black stripes. It was used as a drag car at one time. But, I just cannot affoard this car right now, with all the work it needs, I dont even have a garage. It's $12,000. My uncle might buy it though lol. O Well, I guess I'll never get a Challenger... :'(

·
Registered
31 Posts
You will. Sometimes you might surprise yourself. Check out traderonline.com in the classic section, sometimes you'll find one that is a solid car that is affordable from the get-go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts