Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Beautiful car! I always loved those Grand Nationals.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Look for the dvd titled "Black Air". It's the history of the Grand National. Pretty cool. And there is a guy with a warehouse full of transmissions and other sought after parts.

BLACK AIR: The Buick Grand National Documentary

p.s. they are filming a sequel. Scroll down on the webpage, maybe you can have your car in Part2!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Beautiful car I remember when one came into the high school auto shop when someone was visiting our instructor Smitty and everyone had to check it out. At the time I recall it as one of the cars everyone wanted to drive and no one wanted to race.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
675 Posts
RESPECT! I know this was the fastest American production car in 1986, but was it the fastest six cylinder American production car ever?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
RESPECT! I know this was the fastest American production car in 1986, but was it the fastest six cylinder American production car ever?
Interesting question I looked up the GNX (1987) 0-60 times and found 4.3 seconds as the 0-60 and 13.2 in the 1/4. The GMC cyclone was also listed as a 4.3 second 0-60 car (truck) but was slower in the 1/4. I checked the stealth twin turbo which is a bit of a stretch since it's a Mitsubishi but that was 5.3. I also checked the 89 T/A pace car but that was also 5.3. So my guess is it very well could be the fastest American 6 cylinder.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
I was in high school with my 68 Coronet 440/727. Air force dude wanted to race so sure, I said. I knew he would beat me, but man, when that turbo was spooling up, I was like this is going to be a slaughter, and it was haha.

Nice car!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Always loved those cars. And still do!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I've Built a lot of race 200R4's for Grand National's and Monte Carlo's over my career and IMO one of GM's best platforms of the 80's...they were a blast to drive with a tire chirping 1-2 and 2-3 shift "ah the memories"

·
Registered
598 Posts
Bought one for the wife back in '97. It was an '87 GN. They make for a nice highway ride. It got t-boned by a 80 year old guy in a LTD.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Thanks for sharing your GN...awesome cars

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
That car sucks. Get rid of it. Give it to me. I need it LOL. Those things are beautiful. I wish that they made them in manuals though.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Beautiful car! I purchased a new 87 Regal T-Type in 1987 since the dealer didn't have any GN's left. It was a damn fast car back then. Miss that car!
I just recently ran into a guy who had the #18 GNX. That car was still stock... amazing rides!

·
Registered
112 Posts
See user name and signature....gave up my t/roof car for a custom ordered SRT8 torred.

I will always be searching for a substantially underpriced GNX (I know - good luck!). In mint condition they will still command 20 grand over what the Hellcat will cost.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts