Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this may be a bit nit picking but why is the push button start / stop switch in the SRT8 not lighted?????? the trunk button is but not the starter...... at night shutdown dark area is like hide and seek game>

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More experience with the car may help you finding the push button start. I can find mine with my eyes closed.
Yea,
I only use this as a toy, But all of my the Chevys have key on the column except the Vetts and they have the keys that stick out of the dash making them easy to find. Hell even my Kenworth truck has a lighted tag over the key and the starter button. So i don't think it is asking too much for a back lighted switch in a $45000 car, I would also like to have memory seats
Other than that I love this car.

·
Super Moderator
16,477 Posts
I venture that cars with permanent push-button systems have the lighted start buttons.

Ours (in the event of fobik malfunction/dead battery in fobik) can have the button removed and then insert the fobik and the ignition will work. You can pop the button out (6 o'clock position) with the tip of a key or your fingernail.

The fobik can be powered up inductively by the ignition switch in the event the fob battery goes dead. So its nice to have that as a backup option and not be stranded.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Since that button start comes out, I think it would be pretty hard to get a light in it. The trunk button being light is new for this year. 08-10 isn't. Also, not the same design. One would think that something so simple as a light would be a no-brainer. It was also brought up why there is no light in the glove box. Evidently there was or in a similar model, but the company decided that to eliminate that part of the harness could save them some money. You figure, what an extra buck in parts? Well, when they sell 30,000 vehicles of that model in a year, they just don't want to throw that kind of money out the window. So, one would say, put that extra buck on the MSRP so I can have that part. But, the way people barter and round off, the company would never see it. I know, more than you wanted, but I just couldn't stop typing. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Glow in the dark

How about using some type of blue "GLOW" material either on the button or a halo around the button. (like those necklaces) Maybe when you get in the car at night the interior light would charge it up for awhile. :browsmiley:

·
Super Moderator
14,730 Posts
It's probably not illuminated because it is removable. Also, the bean counters can save a little, just like they did with our non-illuminated glove box.

·
Registered
651 Posts
. It was also brought up why there is no light in the glove box. Evidently there was or in a similar model, but the company decided that to eliminate that part of the harness could save them some money.
Very weird,
Yes, Some RT's had a glove box light, but never SRT's.

None ever had under-hood light and effectiveness of the trunk light is marginal and IMO not really necessary, but a glove box light is, as I may never know at night when I may have to reach for my 9 and don't want to be having to feel around for it.
:smoker:

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
What about the reflectors in the door...When I bought mine I was afraid to ask if it they were supposed to be a lights....

Def. some funky designs with these.

So, why put a reflector in the door? There, I asked

:)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Where are the reflectors in the doors? Mine doesn't have them. Then again, it's and SE. It is hard giving up the lighted entry way and heated rear mirrors from my 02 Sebring convertible, but I guess I went down in model and that is what I get.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Where are the reflectors in the doors? Mine doesn't have them. Then again, it's and SE. It is hard giving up the lighted entry way and heated rear mirrors from my 02 Sebring convertible, but I guess I went down in model and that is what I get.
They're on both doors, about 2x2 and red. They don't serve a purpose that I can tell other then if you pointed a light at it??:notallthere:

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I think the reflectors in the door are if you have the door open in the road at night...................It will give the driver coming up on you enough time to see your door open and swerve out of the way and not take your door off. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think the reflectors in the door are if you have the door open in the road at night...................It will give the driver coming up on you enough time to see your door open and swerve out of the way and not take your door off. :)

What he said.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would have liked at least the ring around the button to be lit, if the button itself couldnt be. I park in a condo/parking garage and it is nearly pitch black. Im always feeling around for the button.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Must be a new car. In time you will be able to do it in your sleep.

Does anyone know if the car will shut off if it drives away from the fob? Let's say you were at a car show and you were sitting in a chair behind your car and some jumps in the car and starts it up? Just an example. Make up your own. There has been talk on this subject about leaving it in the house and someone enters your garage. But nobody said they tried it, or reported about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Must be a new car. In time you will be able to do it in your sleep.

Does anyone know if the car will shut off if it drives away from the fob? Let's say you were at a car show and you were sitting in a chair behind your car and some jumps in the car and starts it up? Just an example. Make up your own. There has been talk on this subject about leaving it in the house and someone enters your garage. But nobody said they tried it, or reported about it.
I tried this actually...sat in car while friend drove off with the fob...it continued to operate, pulled out of driveway and went opposite way. We had at least a few miles between us and met back up at the house. Not sure if it has a smart range, but it was at least 3-5 miles apart.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
maybe Dodge thought all the owners would be storing them for Barrett Jackson and not really driving them :scratchhead:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts