Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Got my first one at around 1000 miles. It was darker then I expected but I stood there while they pored the synthetic (Pennzoil) in and it was dark going in as well. I still cant comprehend NOT changing oil for 8000 miles...but I'm old school minded when it comes with oil changes...Thinking of going to Amsoil or royal purple next change.

when did you get your 1st oil change (what mileage) for your 392?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
1300 miles. Mobil 1.

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
I have the 5.7 and changed mine at 3,000 miles (and every 3,000 miles thereafter). Regular oil (Castrol GTX).

·
Registered
678 Posts
1200 miles and Mobil 1 with Mobil 1 filter.

I will only put around 3K miles on it a year so I will just change it each spring when I get it out the first time.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
3K and I haven't changed it yet... I should probably change it soon.. Even though the change intervals are 6K :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I planned to redeem my free oil change voucher at the dealer last week when I took her in for the floor mat recall and the mechanic (a friend) said it was too early and recommended I wait until 2k. I have 900 and change on her. I'm sure there are different schools of thought but I'll do my first at 2k and then in about 3k intervals after that.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most vehicles I have owned, I have followed this procedure

At 1k change
At 3k change and every 3k after that.

I may stick with this routine with the 392 but if I do not, it will be changed at 500 miles then at 3k and every 3k after that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You guys change your oil too frequently.
I agree....... even If I was using Dino oil and was pouring 7 qts, I would still go 5K on a 8 cyl city driven motor.

I got a (full time) off-road Jeep TJ that uses (I think - been awhile since I changed it) 6 qts and even after taking it off road in dirt/mud runs for 3 days I don't change it that often. Hell, when I drain it after 2 or 3 off-road events, its still golden as the day I put it in! I change the axle grease more than the engine oil......

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Most vehicles I have owned, I have followed this procedure

At 1k change
At 3k change and every 3k after that.

I may stick with this routine with the 392 but if I do not, it will be changed at 500 miles then at 3k and every 3k after that.
1,000 was my first. Mobil one and Filter for me, I'm at 2900 now just checked it, and it's Super CLEAN on the stick:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts