Dodge Challenger Forum banner

101 - 120 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Yes, however a lot of use and prefer the SRT filter to the regular Mopar filter.

·
Registered
9,047 Posts
I apologize. Don’t have time to read through this whole thread. But is the 392 Hemi in The Challenger Scat Pack 1320 is the same as the 392 in the Charger Scat? Obviously.

Just want to make sure it takes the same 7 quarts Pennzoil 0W40 oil and MO-899 Mopar filter?
Congrats and welcome.

Everything that you need to know about service schedules and needed fluids are in your manual.

Might want to take the time and go through it. Reading is learning! Lol

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
The 899 filter is the factory filter and technically the correct filter and is the one that will pull up even at the dealer.

The 041 only came on Viper and so will only pull up as the correct filter for the Viper.

But it works fine on all new V8s ..

5038041AA

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
So I am going to play devil's advocate here. Say I use the SRT filter on my 5.7, which the parts catalog shows will not fit my vehicle, and the engine experiences a failure (say the cam gets wiped). What is stop to the dealership from saying the warranty is void as the incorrect oil filter was used?

·
Registered
9,047 Posts
So I am going to play devil's advocate here. Say I use the SRT filter on my 5.7, which the parts catalog shows will not fit my vehicle, and the engine experiences a failure (say the cam gets wiped). What is stop to the dealership from saying the warranty is void as the incorrect oil filter was used?
Don't think that there would be any issue. FCA included the SRT filter in the Stage 1 Performance package for the 5.7

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

Everything that you need to know about service schedules and needed fluids are in your manual.

Might want to take the time and go through it. Reading is learning! Lol
Thanks man!

But, The owners manual kinda sucks. I don’t think it gives the oil filter part # for the 6.4 L. It just says use Mopar oil filters.

I already know it though. It’s the same as the Charger. (I assume) lol.

They mentioned it on the Charger forums.

But the manual does give information on everything else I needed to know just not the oil filter part #

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Thanks man!

But, The owners manual kinda sucks. I don’t think it gives the oil filter part # for the 6.4 L. It just says use Mopar oil filters.

I already know it though. It’s the same as the Charger. (I assume) lol.

They mentioned it on the Charger forums.

But the manual does give information on everything else I needed to know just not the oil filter part #

The owners manual is not the right place to put the filter part number or the oil part number of any part number. Part numbers change and then the owner would be trying to buy the wrong part based on a discontinued part number.

The best advice I can offer is get the part number from the dealer's parts department. The parts department should have up to date part info for your car and if there is a part number change it should know this and then select and give you the right part based on this information.

101 - 120 of 221 Posts