Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I just got my baby less than a month ago. I've been saving $$$ and been glued to these forums ever since! I was thinking of going with a CAI as my first performance mod. I read up on R2C and it seemed to get pretty good bang for its buck. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
143 Posts
whats the cost on that CAI?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
A drop in filter is just as good.....do that, keep saving your money for a better mod

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback, and 'arcanesays' the price was $299 awhile ago...i have emailed the company regarding the cost of the CAI now. Ok, the more I read these forums and research products, the more my head spins and brain hurts! now i'm reading about the predator tune and it's saying it's the best all around mod for performance for the v6 SE. The price is around the same as the CAI so now i'm wondering if I should do that first...? Help me! ahahaha

·
Super Moderator
14,134 Posts
Get the Predator tune and a drop-in filter. They will give you more hp than just a CAI. Most CAIs are only good for 5 hp. On the plus side, they look good and give you better intake sound.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get the Predator tune and a drop-in filter. They will give you more hp than just a CAI. Most CAIs are only good for 5 hp. On the plus side, they look good and give you better intake sound.
Thanks Cuda, the test results for the r2c were about 15hp at 4500rpm but less than 5hp between 6000-6500rpm. I think i'll go with the predator because i'd rather win than look/sound good losin!!! haha, thanks again.

·
Registered
630 Posts
If you're one of the 16 people that scrogged in their Chally, you might consider vinyl seat covers.....

Congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
whats the cost on that CAI?
e-mail from the company told me $249.00 regular $299.00.
Does post some nice numbers
for about the same money though you could get a predator for a nearly guaranteed 20 hp with a 93 tune

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
e-mail from the company told me $249.00 regular $299.00.
Does post some nice numbers
for about the same money though you could get a predator for a nearly guaranteed 20 hp with a 93 tune

Yeah, that's why I think i'll start with the predator, then do the cai, and follow that up with a dual exhaust. Geez, I hope I hit the lottery soon!!!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Yeah, that's why I think i'll start with the predator, then do the cai, and follow that up with a dual exhaust. Geez, I hope I hit the lottery soon!!!
check on predator U7136 through amazon. there is a bundle pack for $249 I saw last week

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, and 'arcanesays' the price was $299 awhile ago...i have emailed the company regarding the cost of the CAI now. Ok, the more I read these forums and research products, the more my head spins and brain hurts! now i'm reading about the predator tune and it's saying it's the best all around mod for performance for the v6 SE. The price is around the same as the CAI so now i'm wondering if I should do that first...? Help me! ahahaha
been there myself bro...LOL it will get better

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Predator, hands down your first purchase for additional "performance". Don't even think of something else until you have the Predator.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts