Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took the car out for the first ride. It's a new 2010 6 speed srt8 and I put a maggie on it. The car runs great under normal driving conditions, but when I ran the car threw the gears under full throttle and then let off, it seemed to load up. I bought the blower through Hurst and they programmed it. I didn't change the plugs or gaps. After this happened, i pulled the car over and the exhaust smelled like sulfur. But around town it's fine. Please help, Thanks Lee

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
JZ gave you good advice. PM hemituner. That's A.J. He's tuned a lot of Magnusons, including mine. I'd suggest downloading your tune from your Predator to your laptop using DS Downloader (free on the DS website). You can then e-mail to A.J. along with a datalog and he might be able to fix you up w/o you ever leaving your town.

You got a tune issue.

HemiSam

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. One other thing the idle doesn't come down for about 30 seconds. It's like it has a vacuum leak. I checked the bolts on the intake and everything seems good and no check engine lights.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Well rev the damn thing, JZ...LOL! I think it's the gasket between the tub and the base of the blower but I'm guessing. It's a thin long o-ring style that sits in a groove. 17 bolts around it, but it can shift a bit in my experience.

HemiSam

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ran starter fluid around the base of the intake and nothing. I will say this, the more I drive it, the better it runs as far loading up. But the idle is driving me crazy.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
DC (DragCity) went through a lot of this and finally ended up taking it to Magnuson (he's in Cali). You can see all his posts in a Magnuson thread although I can't recall which one. Pm him. You might learn something from his experience if you reach out.

HemiSam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.