Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took the car out for the first ride. It's a new 2010 6 speed srt8 and I put a maggie on it. The car runs great under normal driving conditions, but when I ran the car threw the gears under full throttle and then let off, it seemed to load up. I bought the blower through Hurst and they programmed it. I didn't change the plugs or gaps. After this happened, i pulled the car over and the exhaust smelled like sulfur. But around town it's fine. Please help, Thanks Lee

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
Its runnin too rich if your smellin a sulfur smell. Contact Johan or AJ and send them your tune and have them look at it.
Are you runnin a wide band? If your boosted you should.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
JZ gave you good advice. PM hemituner. That's A.J. He's tuned a lot of Magnusons, including mine. I'd suggest downloading your tune from your Predator to your laptop using DS Downloader (free on the DS website). You can then e-mail to A.J. along with a datalog and he might be able to fix you up w/o you ever leaving your town.

You got a tune issue.

HemiSam

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. One other thing the idle doesn't come down for about 30 seconds. It's like it has a vacuum leak. I checked the bolts on the intake and everything seems good and no check engine lights.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Shoot some soapy water around the manifold (base of the blower) and make sure you don't have something off with the gasket. AJ is based in NY...reach out.

HemiSam

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
Soapy water Sam? Isnt the manifold under vac under idle? I usually spray starting fluid around the manny and see if theres a difference in the idle (i.e. rev's up or down)

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Well rev the damn thing, JZ...LOL! I think it's the gasket between the tub and the base of the blower but I'm guessing. It's a thin long o-ring style that sits in a groove. 17 bolts around it, but it can shift a bit in my experience.

HemiSam

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ran starter fluid around the base of the intake and nothing. I will say this, the more I drive it, the better it runs as far loading up. But the idle is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
By the way, the blower and the intake came as an assembly, it was all together. I also put new intake gaskets instead of reusing the original ones.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
DC (DragCity) went through a lot of this and finally ended up taking it to Magnuson (he's in Cali). You can see all his posts in a Magnuson thread although I can't recall which one. Pm him. You might learn something from his experience if you reach out.

HemiSam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts