Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car at the track for the first time on Sunday (New England Dragway). My car is a 14' RT with Mufflers deleted and other than that stock. Stock Eagle F1 tires at 28psi. ESP off and transmission in D (A5). Weather was about 80 and extremely humid. I was only able to get 1 run in and ran 13.665 at 102.85mph. 60' time was 1.823. 8.760 through the 1/8th. Im hoping to knock a tenth or 2 off in better weather. Comments and criticism welcome.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Excellent 60 foot, for that reason there wont be much e.t for you to gain, except that the DA can probably get better for you. That's really warm for the area this time of year...

·
Registered
724 Posts
I am showing this for weather effect on my bone stock 2012 srt8 jeep. Very good time for the 5.7.

Race wt 5492 lbs
DA......................2595 FT WEATHER 89/36/30.17 WATER GRAINS 74
60'.....................1.773
330'...................5.346
1/8 MILE............8.345
MPH..................81.64

Race wt 5492 lbs
DA....................367 FT WEATHER 60/42/30.24 WATER GRAINS 32.2
60'...................1.783
330'.................5.285
1/8 MILE..........8.243
MPH................82.64

·
Registered
868 Posts
Out of curiosity why were you only able to get 1 run in. You 60 ft time is amazing on the stock F1's, I'm barely beating that with DR's in my M6 car. I'm thinking with less humidity you will be able to shave a couple tenths, when I was stock my best 60 was a 1.9X and I was able to manage a 13.33 at 104. I was on a canned Diablo tune then though, so with stock tuning, you're doing amazing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We only got 1 run in because my father and I were drooling over a 1 of 56 factory super stock 68' Dart. We missed the call to the lanes and by the time we got back to the cars (his 75' Dart), the lanes had been closed.:slap: 100% our fault. We made the one run and decided to load the Dart up and head home. Were hoping to make another trip before the season ends. My intune I2 should arrive today and I'm planning on getting a tune from Jay Greene racing.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,222 Posts
Congrats on getting out their and taking your Challenger to the track. That's about where my old 2010 R/T started, I think I got around a 13.6 @ 103 mph, eventually with a few minor mod's I was able to whittle it down to a 12.8 @ 107 mph.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
Sounds like you're right on the money being stock on stock street tires. You might get a 13.5 in better air. 1.8 60ft time on street tires is awesome.

If you get some drag radials and a tune, you'll likely drop well into the low 13's and with some really cold air you might hit high 12's.

You can do a few other cheap/free/easy type things that may help as well.

- Keep your rear street tires at 28psi but pump your front tires up to 45psi. Less rolling resistance this way.
- Pull your air filter at the track (reinstall for trip home).
- If you can datalog with a tuner, see if you get any knock retard when you step on it. If you do, splash 1-2 gallons of VP MS109 race fuel in the tank (unleaded, safe for cats and O2 sensors), this will eliminate any knock retard and help maintain the car's power. If you don't see any, this will not help much.
- Remove the trunk floor liner and tray (spare/jack as well). The liner and tray weigh about 25lbs. The spare and jack weigh about 30-35lbs. Depends on what your car came with from the factory.
- Stage as shallow as possible to allow your car more rollout time. Barely get the staging lights lit and then stop. This will help your ET a little bit.

Nice job man! Good luck whittling away at your ET! It's fun and addictive! :)

·
Registered
868 Posts
I totally agree, it is sooooo addicting. A Jay Greene tune will do wonders for your car's performance along with the tips and tricks mentioned. I'm hoping to click off a 12 second pass on motor my next time out to the track. Only time will tell. That said, again great job for your first time out. It's a big rush.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392
185 Posts
Well i said I was gonna take tomorrow off... since ive been twice this month already and its gonna be hot tomorrow... but here I am reading about racing and getting the itch.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Well i said I was gonna take tomorrow off... since ive been twice this month already and its gonna be hot tomorrow... but here I am reading about racing and getting the itch.
Don't fight it, just give in....... At the end of the day there are worse things to be addicted too >:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Appreciate the tips guys. Im already itching to get back up there. Its nice being able to drive the car there, race and then drive it back home.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts