Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
I wonder what the guys who bought the other 13 have thought over the years about letting their car get away, man they gotta be sick.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I don't think so. Others have been making money off of them for years. I remember a yellow one selling for $175k more than 25 years ago and thinking that the price was nuts back then. I have to wonder where the price ceiling is for these?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I have it in my mind that once the folks die off who have romanticized these cars in 7 figure territory, you're going to see a painful market correction.

·
Registered
863 Posts

·
Registered
13,738 Posts
I was just thinking of the guys who flipped these cars quick when they were new, certainly they did not reap any reward from owning that car and over the years as the prices climbed higher, they had to wonder what if.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
577 Posts
I was just thinking of the guys who flipped these cars quick when they were new, certainly they did not reap any reward from owning that car and over the years as the prices climbed higher, they had to wonder what if.
They must get sick every time they think about it, especially if they are not well to do. I would. Heck I get annoyed that I sold a 70 Charger RT in the late 1980's @ 4 grand. Not because its worth 50K today, but because it would of been nice to still have next to my current 1969 model for such a cheap cost.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
No one knew that these cars would be worth anything today. It would be like someone from the future telling us that Honda Civics with the v-tech are worth 10 million in the year 2040.

Back when the oil embargo took place in the 70s, no one could put gas in these cars and they became useless. They were for sale on every street corner and people were glad to get whatever they could for the cars.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
SOLD: 62 Fury 413/ 63 426 Max Wedge / 63 Fury 383 4Spd./ 66 427 -425 Impala 4Spd /70 GTO o and on all at give away prices during the day!! Have happy memories but no big dollars from them.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
You are absoultely correct...

I have it in my mind that once the folks die off who have romanticized these cars in 7 figure territory, you're going to see a painful market correction.

My father's generation cherished the 55 Chevy's, Studebakers, and T-Birds. Prices have dropped as those from that era die off and stop buying. These 65-71 Muscle Cars will have a longer period of premium price...because they affected those who grew up in the 50's, 60's 70's and even 80's. But all the aforementioned are in their prime "spending" years. In 10-15 years...people won't have the emotional attachment to these outdated relics.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
My father's generation cherished the 55 Chevy's, Studebakers, and T-Birds. Prices have dropped as those from that era die off and stop buying. These 65-71 Muscle Cars will have a longer period of premium price...because they affected those who grew up in the 50's, 60's 70's and even 80's. But all the aforementioned are in their prime "spending" years. In 10-15 years...people won't have the emotional attachment to these outdated relics.
Yep. Spot on.

My old man has a 1956 t-bird with a dealer installed M-260 kit. It adds a dual quad manifold along with other go fast goodies taking the HP up to 260, or so the claim goes. I remember riding in it with him in the 1970s and 80s.

The old man is in his late 70s now and barely looks at the car anymore. It's a shame but the car will roam the highways again in the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts