Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a call that a Challenger R/T was coming in so I went to take a look. Sure enough it's the 1st Furious Fuchsia that I know of. This car is sitting in Houston. One nice HEMI R/T being laid to rest. This Challenger only had 4002 miles on the clock.:(

Everyone plz slow down and drive safe. Don't let this happen to your Challenger. :thumbsup:
Reminder: I do NOT sell parts off these cars.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
You have been doing this for a while now and I appreciate it. It really makes you think of slowing down. But my question is have you been counting them. I bet it's has to be close too 100 so far

·
Registered
664 Posts
Makes me want to strip some parts.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Though I hate the fact that the car was destroyed, I feel relieved that the car gave it's life to protect the passenger. Look at the cab, it looks uneffected... brillant!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
OUCHHH !!! BUT THAT SHOULD BUFF OUT :guiness:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would be very willing to bet that this car will be bought at an auction and rebuilt with a salvage title and prob will see the road again. A couple key things to notice: The left frame rail and bumper support appear to be straight and undamaged, also the engine is still sitting straight in the chassis indicating that the car is still structurally square. Also note that the windshield doesn't appear to be broken showing that the greenhouse is still straight and square. Car apparently still runs as indicated on the left side of windshield. Rad support and inner fender would be pretty easy to replace and the rest is just bolt on. I think she might just see the road again somewhere down the line

·
Registered
276 Posts
Was the hemi too much for someone? Dang.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
...the engine is still sitting straight in the chassis indicating that the car is still structurally square.

Look again. Compare the engine to the fuschia at the base of the windshield. It appears to be canted about 10-15 degrees towards the driver's side.
Also, I would suspect that the piece of fuschia bodywork (top of the firewall?) is supposed to be uniform across the bottom of the windshield.
It looks like the center is pushed back, under the edge of the glass. It's possible the firewall is pushed back a bit. Maybe an inch or two.
It might be able to be "fixed", but I certainly wouldn't want to own it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
You have been doing this for a while now and I appreciate it. It really makes you think of slowing down. But my question is have you been counting them. I bet it's has to be close too 100 so far

Here are some other pic's that should make people want to slow down. I cant help but think that people might've died in these cars with how bad these wrecks are from Dodge, Ford and GM. There is one Challenger there with 151 miles on it and it's totalled. That car still has the gas in it that it came from the dealer with.
Warning!!!!!!! Warning!!!!!!! Warning!!!!!!! Warning!!!!!!!
Below are some scary picture's that are just a click away!
Late Model Dodge Challenger auto parts

·
Registered
276 Posts
4002 miles already? That car saw some road time in its short life.

I see a lot of parts waiting to be pulled...........strip it!
Mine was a DD and it had 3246 miles the day it was crashed, I drove it off the lot 10.13.10 and got hit 1.29.10, that was barely 3.5 months.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Sad. Thanks for posting Snowcat. At least everyone can see where the horns are on our cars!

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hear ya

I looked at a Challenger SE that took a big hit in the drivers door, A major side impact, It shoved the door into the drivers seat. These cars can take an impact like that ..it says alot for it's design.

please drive safe.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Always hurts to see this but hopefully if it'll keep one Challenger owner from "hot dogging it" then its sacrifice will not be in vain.
Quick question, is the car for sure totaled beyond repair? I'm no collision expert but I'm wondering (in the right hands) "IF" it could be saved?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts