Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st in line Both local, both $500 and both selling at MSRP in writing.

:burnout::burnout::burnout::woowoo::burnout::rocker:

Reactions: Supercharged_Fun

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
310 Posts
Congrats. I've locked in the first spot with no deposit.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes for the HELLCAT

·
Registered
334 Posts
Have any of you been able to place an official order? My spot has been locked since 5-22 but I have been told ordering opens 8-16-14 - just curious if anything has officially changed in regards to actual orders being placed.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No orders can be placed they are locked in the dealer order system. Should open up in August is my guess.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Per ResumeSpeed, orders will open August 7.

2015 order banks open USA (SXT, SXT PLUS, R/T, R/T PLUS, Scat Pack, SRT 392: July 9, 2014
2015 order banks open USA (SRT Hellcat): August, 7, 2014
2015 order banks open USA (Shaker): TBD
2015 order banks open Canada: July 23, 2014 (all models except Shaker)

2015 production launch: July 21, 2014
2015 production launch (Hellcat): August 10, 2014

·
Registered
310 Posts
Have any of you been able to place an official order? My spot has been locked since 5-22 but I have been told ordering opens 8-16-14 - just curious if anything has officially changed in regards to actual orders being placed.
My dealer says Aug 8. I've heard all different dates. Won't know till it happens I guess

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You ordered 2??

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I don't understand why anybody would be excited about paying MSRP for any car! I have never and will never pay MSRP. HellCat or not!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't understand why anybody would be excited about paying MSRP for any car! I have never and will never pay MSRP. HellCat or not!
I don't think anyone is excited about it but some cars and at certain times it is what it is. It will be awhile if not ever when you be able to buy one discounted from MSRP. This is true for most unique (for lack of a better word) cars. I don't think production numbers will ever be super high and that's the way it will be.

Has anyone ever bought a new SRT8 or 392 drastically discounted - unless a dealer was sitting on it for awhile - even then they will usually move to another dealer. Once I saw a Viper sit for a long time and the dealership finally moved it for a few thousand below - exception not the rule. JMHO

·
Registered
310 Posts
Good luck with this one. I will not pay a dime of blackmail ADM, but MSRP on a car like this is fair I believe.

You may have a shot at invoice in 2017..

·
Registered
678 Posts
Good luck with this one. I will not pay a dime of blackmail ADM, but MSRP on a car like this is fair I believe.

You may have a shot at invoice in 2017..
I completely agree. I am locked in at MSRP with $500 down in writing and am second order behind the owner of the dealership.

Many will pay over MSRP and very very few will pay less (maybe employees) if any.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I don't think anyone is excited about it but some cars and at certain times it is what it is. It will be awhile if not ever when you be able to buy one discounted from MSRP. This is true for most unique (for lack of a better word) cars. I don't think production numbers will ever be super high and that's the way it will be.

Has anyone ever bought a new SRT8 or 392 drastically discounted - unless a dealer was sitting on it for awhile - even then they will usually move to another dealer. Once I saw a Viper sit for a long time and the dealership finally moved it for a few thousand below - exception not the rule. JMHO
I bought my Yellow Jacket which is a limited number for $7,500 under MSRP. As long as people run to them eager to pay MSRP or above they will sell them at it for sure. Make them set on them! it cost them money for them to set on the lot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts