Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the shaky cell video. I went to Dominion Raceway for MOPARPalooza on Friday and ran 12 laps on the 2 mile road course. My fastest lap was 2:04. We were paced by a pace car and told not to pedal it... so this was the best I could do without getting tossed from the track LOL

BTW, besides for being the first time I raced with the Hellcat (only 700+ miles on it) this was also my very first time on a road course... ever. Hope I did ok picking a line.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like you had a blast.
Best way to unleash the beast is on a road coarse like that!!!
Thanks man! Yea, I had a blast! I can't wait to get back out there, but I think I'm going to take a lesson from a pro before I get ahead of myself.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Join NASA or SCCA. That's the proper way to get started.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I was talking to the track staff and they mentioned that the SCCA has a contract with Dominion Racyway and teaming up with them would get me the most frequent and affordable access to the track. Plus SCCA regularly has events at 2 other tracks near me. I'm going to look into the details this week.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone at the track snapped this picture. The car is really hunkered down when it's moving at highway speeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts