Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking out what long tube headers I want to go with from Stainless Works with catted mid pipes. Going to be staying NA, probably with a cam. I have a 3" aftermarket exhaust already. Which primary diameter should I get?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
563 Posts
For N/A I recommend 1 7/8

Reactions: Spartan040

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
I am running SW 2" on my 5.7 but it is running a PD supercharger and a 6.2 cam. The 2" give very little room for bolts.

·
Registered
659 Posts
2" primaries are to big, 1 7/8 are a better choice.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,871 Posts
I vote for the 1 7/8" ones. The bigger tubes work better on a car that is blown or a stroker motor turning some rpm's, but in a street driven N/A car, you want the exhaust velocity to be a bit higher because it helps with scavenging. If you want more low end and mid range power, then I'd recommend that you get the smaller header.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Picking out what long tube headers I want to go with from Stainless Works with catted mid pipes. Going to be staying NA, probably with a cam. I have a 3" aftermarket exhaust already. Which primary diameter should I get?
This vid may help your decision..

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
This vid and the one from engine masters comparing 2.5 and 3 inch exhaust along with dual vs X vs H pipe were enlightening.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
This vid and the one from engine masters comparing 2.5 and 3 inch exhaust along with dual vs X vs H pipe were enlightening.
Yeah its nice to see actual data.. I have Motor Trend on demand. I have watched all of the Engine Masters, some more than once. I was actually looking for the Engine Masters vid, but couldn't find the YouTube version so posted that one.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Yeah its nice to see actual data.. I have Motor Trend on demand. I have watched all of the Engine Masters, some more than once. I was actually looking for the Engine Masters vid, but couldn't find the YouTube version so posted that one.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Lol same here but literally binge watched all of roadkill & roadkill garage. Boost caboose still makes me laugh!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts