Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1...Is it safe to drive without the engine cover on? I like the look of motor without the cover.

#2...I was thinking of adding the open hood scoops from Speedlogix, just concerned about rain water,etc etc getting in. However, I think the SRT models have open scoops. Is there anything different between the aftermarket scoops and the OEM ones, such as a filter that blocks water from getting in to the engine bay?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
#1...Is it safe to drive without the engine cover on? I like the look of motor without the cover.

#2...I was thinking of adding the open hood scoops from Speedlogix, just concerned about rain water,etc etc getting in. However, I think the SRT models have open scoops. Is there anything different between the aftermarket scoops and the OEM ones, such as a filter that blocks water from getting in to the engine bay?
Also, as a side note, i think I would have to take the hood liner off for the scoops to work:icon_confused

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. Yes its ok

2. I haven't noticed in water, but maybe more dust. You don't need to remove the hood liner.
Ok was just wondering about the hood liner because I do not see how fresh air would come in from the scoops, as in, there is no opening. So maybe the functional scoops wouldn't be worth it?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
The scopes are more for letting heat out then bringing in air. If you look towards the back of the hood there are 2 rectangle opens. The functional hood scoped have ducts attached to them and thats where they exit it out

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Ok was just wondering about the hood liner because I do not see how fresh air would come in from the scoops, as in, there is no opening. So maybe the functional scoops wouldn't be worth it?
The openings are between the liner and the back of the hood (painted portion). There is two stamped rectangle shaped holes in that area which the back part of the scoop locks into. Whether or not it's worth it is totally up to you.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
The scopes are more for letting heat out then bringing in air. If you look towards the back of the hood there are 2 rectangle opens. The functional hood scoped have ducts attached to them and thats where they exit it out
I just realized that I'm the slowest typer, ever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts