Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,I got the 2 year free oil changes contract when I bought my new 16 SXT Plus....My question is---Do I have to have these oil changes done at the dealer where I bought it or can I bring it to any Dodge dealer???

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi all,I got the 2 year free oil changes contract when I bought my new 16 SXT Plus....My question is---Do I have to have these oil changes done at the dealer where I bought it or can I bring it to any Dodge dealer???
I would say you have to read the contract and see what is says.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read it,it doesn't say.I'm looking for an answer from someone who has used the same contract.This was a freebee the dealer threw in.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,462 Posts
Just a guess......but my best guess. This is almost certainly a deal that will be honored at the dealer you bought the vehicle from. I'm not sure "Dodge" offers anything like this that would be honored at any dealer.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Dealer you bought it from. As you said it's a dealer throw in. The write it off in the cost of the sale basically. I don't think they recoup any money from Dodge so if you take it to another dealer they'd have to foot the bill, which they won't do.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's called Mopar Vehicle Protection.Standard southeast owner care..OCS24N...I looked it up again and it says "selling dealer" will provide service.If you can't get there,then any FCA US LLC franchised dealer(new name,formerly known as Chrysler corp). So,I guess I have my answer sort of.I don't like my selling dealer's service dept. I would rather go to another local Dodge dealer is why I'm asking the question.Thanks anyway.However,I didn't get a straight answer on this forum.I was looking for valid info,not a bunch of guesses that were usually wrong....Must be a lot of bored people out there..Sorry if I offended anyone.Not my intention.:wave:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I believe that it's an extended warranty item that will be honored by any FCA dealership. I hope so since I have this also and have moved to a new town 150 miles from my selling dealership.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Guess you shoulda looked it up in the first place or called the dealership if you wanted to know without some opinions. :cheers:

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
It's called Mopar Vehicle Protection.Standard southeast owner care..OCS24N...I looked it up again and it says "selling dealer" will provide service.If you can't get there,then any FCA US LLC franchised dealer(new name,formerly known as Chrysler corp). So,I guess I have my answer sort of.I don't like my selling dealer's service dept. I would rather go to another local Dodge dealer is why I'm asking the question.Thanks anyway.However,I didn't get a straight answer on this forum.I was looking for valid info,not a bunch of guesses that were usually wrong....Must be a lot of bored people out there..Sorry if I offended anyone.Not my intention.:wave:
The first person that responded gave you a 100% correct answer. You didn't provide much information, so people were making guesses. You should have just looked at the information you had, and asked a more informative question. Don't get butthurt when people don't answer a question to your satisfaction, especially if you don't put a small amount of effort into it yourself.

On a side note, dealerships usually don't like providing service sold by other dealerships. They didn't make the money on the sale, but are stuck with the paperwork of trying to get reimbursed for the service.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,462 Posts
Wow. Ive been an active member on this forum for 8+ years and I've seen and read a lot of bs in that time. I can't recall having been responded to in this way. I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Free Oil Changes Come Standard for FCA.

All Chrysler vehicles now come with 4 free oil changes to be used within the first two years (OK, I'm not sure about the Hellcat, Demon, or Viper, but everything else).

Some dealerships use this as an added sales pitch: they tell you they are giving these free oil changes or "throwing them in" to your sales deal out of the goodness of their heart - that is total BS. It comes from the factory and the dealership has nothing to do with it. As such, it is good at any FCA dealership.

This is not to be confused with service contract that the dealership sells for FCA. BTW, those service contracts for oil changes are usually good deals, but you can still purchase them after you use the free four oil changes. I personally would not "roll them into" your car sale loan, as that will just add more to what you are financing.

I need to start doing some youtubes about the common scams done by dealerships...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,852 Posts
Not my intention? Is that like calling someone a jerk, than saying "no offense". If it wasn't your intention, you wouldn't have typed it. A Guy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not my intention? Is that like calling someone a jerk, than saying "no offense". If it wasn't your intention, you wouldn't have typed it. A Guy
You're a jerk,no offense... Atleast a few people woke up...No offense. Another Guy.

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
All Chrysler vehicles now come with 4 free oil changes to be used within the first two years (OK, I'm not sure about the Hellcat, Demon, or Viper, but everything else).
You have a link to that?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts