Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, October 30th 2015 was the day my wife picked me up at the airport in my new B5 Blue Scat Pack! It was delivered while I was out of town on business, so I had her pick it up at the dealer while I was gone.
First picture is it sitting on the lot at the dealer, second was taken October 29th. Third pic is a blemish that was in the paint of the rim. They replaced that under warranty.

Overall, I am super happy with the car. I had the usual clunky shifting at the beginning, but the 2 updates flashes took care of that, now she shifts like a dream! There's the random interior trim rattles everyone else is hearing, and the intermittent rear end howl at about 60 MPH, but other than that, it's rock solid. Just hit 25,600 miles, too.

The few things I changed were the wheels: While not really being a fan of dark wheels on cars, I liked the stock Hyper Black II forged wheels, except when it came time to wash her. So many freaking nooks and crannies, it took an hour just to clean them! And then I found a brand new set of WP3's at a Mopar Parts place online, at cost. Goodbye stock wheels!

I got hit in a parking lot during a snowstorm last December, hit and run of course, so that gave me a chance to add the ZL1 Addons front license plate bracket system. That thing is going no where, very solid, but I revised the bracket so the plate was in the middle of the lower grille. Still plenty of space to get air onto the radiator, I've had zero issues. That is the 4th picture.

I liked the look of the rear spoiler being body color like the SRT, so I had it painted while it was at the shop having the front fascia fixed, which is when the license plate bracket was added.

I car pool with my wife, which means I drive her SXT Charger every other week. Man you notice the difference when you get back into the 392 powered car, you forget just how much fun it is to drive! Takes me a couple of stop lights to remember how touchy the go pedal is. When it is my turn to drive the Scat Pack during our commute, I am averaging just about 16.5 MPG in stop and go traffic with some highway thrown in. Not bad!

I will report back in a year! Happy motoring everyone...........:rocker:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Sweet!

I can definitely see where those wheels would be a major pain to clean. You have a beautiful car there. :wink3:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts