Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And my R/T still gets looks and positive comments.

Most recently, today I was waiting outside a Greek restaurant for my wife to return with our lunch. A fellow drives up in a Chevy truck and is looking at the my R/T. He gets out of his truck and walks over to ask me how I like it. Of course, I tell him I love it and how long I've had it. Granted, my R/T isn't a daily driver as I'm fortunate enough to have an unmarked Crown Vic, and I tell him a few of the Challenger's attributes. I also add, that it's a big, heavy car and as car reviews have stated "..it's the grown up's muscle car".

He told me he has to wait 2 more years until his boys are off to college and that he wants one. He had a '72 Challenger and loves the looks of the new Challenger.

:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I havent had mine 2 years yet. that date is March 16, 2011. right now I have 38,200 miles on it. dont matter where I go I still get folks stopping me to ask about it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
yea, dudes...... all day long. I never expect it, but I don't expect it to stop. : )

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Once in a while I get comments but they are few and far between. When I first got it in Feb 09 I had a ton of people asking me about it, staring at it at traffic lights, pointing, taking cell pics.....

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Yea my Challenger attracted ALOT of attention when I picked her up in Nov of '08. Theres a bunch more on the street around here now and the " Holy Sh!t look Dad!! "effect has worn off quite a bit. Almost feel like I blend in now. Of course thats not the case though. Every time I see one roll by I realize whats up.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Yea my Challenger attracted ALOT of attention when I picked her up in Nov of '08. Theres a bunch more on the street around here now and the " Holy Sh!t look Dad!! "effect has worn off quite a bit. Almost feel like I blend in now. Of course thats not the case though. Every time I see one roll by I realize whats up.
I see Challengers it seems more than most on this forum around town here in Columbus OH. However, I guess what amazes me is that my car doesn't attract as many looks since there are still so few around. Especially during the winter months as most go into the garage and very few are out year round like mine. Oh well... even if one person comes up to me in a months time to talk about the Challenger that is more than 9 years of ownership of my Accord and I never grinned from ear to ear driving the Accord either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts