Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I've been reading everywhere that the widest tire you can get for a 2012 rt is the 20×8. Is this true? If not what is the biggest rim/tire combo that will fit without rubbing or doing spacers?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
20x10 with 275's is the widest I have seen on a R/T 5.7 with no spacers or special work done in the front.

Below has a 20x10 with +15 offset with 275's. SRT's and Scats can get away with a +20 offset since there is a bit more room in the inside suspension geometry.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
no not mine...I only have had SRTs but R/Ts rock and I love watching them go down the Jersey roads here.

just remember , you have 20x9 and 20x9.5 for 275 options also

The Pic above has 11" rears 315/35r20...no problems with RTs holding a big tire in the back.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
20x10 with 275's is the widest I have seen on a R/T 5.7 with no spacers or special work done in the front.

Below has a 20x10 with +15 offset with 275's. SRT's and Scats can get away with a +20 offset since there is a bit more room in the inside suspension geometry.
That 315 is attatched in back but I wouldn't go so far as to say, "It fits!" When the tire stick out as this one does beyond the width of body.......to my mind it's decision time.

Either work the inside to make them fit within the line of the body or accept that this tire is too big for the car. It's far from the worst I've ever seen but still a step too far, IMO. A slightly narrower tire that doesn't extend out beyond the fender would look much better than what he's got going on here.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
That 315 is attatched in back but I wouldn't go so far as to say, "It fits!" When the tire stick out as this one does beyond the width of body.......to my mind it's decision time.

Either work the inside to make them fit within the line of the body or accept that this tire is too big for the car. It's far from the worst I've ever seen but still a step too far, IMO. A slightly narrower tire that doesn't extend out beyond the fender would look much better than what he's got going on here.

"It Fits" means that he doesn't rub anywhere. The owner stated that. That is the message I was relaying.
Now if you think it doesn't look good because it sticks out...well that's your opinion. I like it and obviously the owner too since that was the look he was going for. He had them custom made that way.

Bottom line.."It Fits".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts